AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Nurburgring (Live Stream) - Wednesday March 22, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice event!

Less contacts than last week, tried to defend my position hard but fair and amnged it for about half the race. After that i gifted away positions and ended with no fuel right after the finish line. Perfectly calculated :D

Apologies for having to retire.

Managed to break my clutch pedal - need some new screws and torx wrench in time for next week methinks :(

Sorry for that move on the last lap @Lucas Gerlach, You left a space, I was better on the brakes there, so i dived for the gap, but we were both squeezing each other. It was one of those moves where both were to blame, but neither were to blame either. I did my best to get you pointing back the correct way afterwards ;)

Yeah no problem :) The race was still good! I rewatched the crash and I have the same opinion. You did a move from very far back but I had anough time to see it in the mirror and then give you the space. The problem was that I looked ahead to the corner and was very suprised as the crash happend :/ But at least I learned something from that... always watch the mirrors if someone is behind :D

Yeah no problem :) The race was still good! I rewatched the crash and I have the same opinion. You did a move from very far back but I had anough time to see it in the mirror and then give you the space. The problem was that I looked ahead to the corner and was very suprised as the crash happend :/ But at least I learned something from that... always watch the mirrors if someone is behind :D
In karting i was told that everytime i look back i will lose about 1 tenth in that corner. I would certainly be aware of the guy behind you but not to focus too much on the mirrors.
You usually will lose time focusing on your opponent behind you, maybe even making mistakes because of the 'threat' right behind you. Find a good compromise between looking at your mirrors and focusing on yourself

In karting i was told that everytime i look back i will lose about 1 tenth in that corner. I would certainly be aware of the guy behind you but not to focus too much on the mirrors.
You usually will lose time focusing on your opponent behind you, maybe even making mistakes because of the 'threat' right behind you. Find a good compromise between looking at your mirrors and focusing on yourself
The way to do it in games is to have the "Look behind" button right next to one of your thumbs. Every so often, just press it for a tiny amount of time to just get a brief glimpse of what's going on behind you - the human brain only needs to see something for like 1/100th of a second to get the information. I have two butons on my wheel only, and during racing, one is Push-to-Talk or KERS, and the other is look behind. I press the look behind button an awful lot while racing so i know what's going on behind me, and I can see where anyone else is. I still find myself doing it in qualifying on a hot lap, and even do it when I'm the only car on track, it's just natural. The more you learn to look behind without losing time, the better you get at defending positions fairly.

You are right Benutzername. I didn´t mean watching into the mirrors all the time but in this case it realy could have prevent this accident ;)
It's a learning experience this race anyway. The crash will almost help you learn more than the decent finish, as much as you'd prefer it to be the other way :roflmao:

The way to do it in games is to have the "Look behind" button right next to one of your thumbs. Every so often, just press it for a tiny amount of time to just get a brief glimpse of what's going on behind you - the human brain only needs to see something for like 1/100th of a second to get the information. I have two butons on my wheel only, and during racing, one is Push-to-Talk or KERS, and the other is look behind. I press the look behind button an awful lot while racing so i know what's going on behind me, and I can see where anyone else is. I still find myself doing it in qualifying on a hot lap, and even do it when I'm the only car on track, it's just natural. The more you learn to look behind without losing time, the better you get at defending positions fairly.
I know, i do this aswell.
Just wanted to mention that this might not be the best habit to have - It's useful to an extent because there is kind of an psychological factor that makes you do more mistakes or drive slower due to the fact that you constatnly will think of the opponent behind you. Yes, he should be in the back of your head, but focusing on YOUR line is making you faster.
The opponent has the opposite effect, he has a target, can really focus on "damn, i want to get that guy" and he comes closer and closer, faster and faster while youself are getting just a tad slower just because you think of the guy behind you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back