AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Magione - Wednesday 24th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Maybe it's because people heel-toe? I don't (read 'can't'), and I almost always have excess fuel because I'm not touching the throttle at all under braking?

I always blip the throttle on downshifts, it helps to stabilize the car a lot with the RWD/classic GTs/etc we have been driving and I do it by habit with the 500. But I think increased fuel consumption is mostly due to unefficient racing lines and overall cleanliness of a driving style.

FOR INFO

Guys just to let you know - this is probably going to be the last Abarth 500 Rookies race for a while I think. Following the conclusion of this one we will be taking up the new for AC Audi TT Cup car for something a bit different. Still very rookie friendly, we are more than hopeful that the car will prove to offer even better racing than the 500!

Looking forward to it but would appreciate some more sign ups for this one, send out the faithful Abarth 500 with the bang it deserves :)

Howdy. Just signed up for premium and am tempted by this combo but not sure I qualify as a "rookie". Is there any particular kind of noobness factor required? :) Maybe a lap-time threshold, e.g. if you're quicker than 1:xx then you're no rookie?
(I'm fairly new to AC as well, and am certainly no alien, but I've been driving various sims for many years and I probably fall into the "meh+" category in terms of speed ;))

Howdy. Just signed up for premium and am tempted by this combo but not sure I qualify as a "rookie". Is there any particular kind of noobness factor required? :) Maybe a lap-time threshold, e.g. if you're quicker than 1:xx then you're no rookie?
(I'm fairly new to AC as well, and am certainly no alien, but I've been driving various sims for many years and I probably fall into the "meh+" category in terms of speed ;))

Hey man,

First and foremost, welcome to RaceDepartment! Great to hear you are a new Premium member, hope you have a great time with us etc etc :)

Now in terms of criteria no, we have none for these events. It's basically just an opportunity for those with less experience to feel even more than usual welcome to ask any questions of the people in the server (which is the case for any race in the club here anyway to be fair).

Speed is of no concern in the clubs, we are all just here for a good time :)

So yes fella, you are more than welcome to join this or any other race, regardless of pace or experience!

FOR INFO

Guys just to let you know - this is probably going to be the last Abarth 500 Rookies race for a while I think. Following the conclusion of this one we will be taking up the new for AC Audi TT Cup car for something a bit different.
I am really happy about that! Did learn the Magione track yesterday with the new Audi TT because it's a bit faster and easier to drive clean. No more twitchy brakes and "all about the momentum" like with the Abarth :whistling::speechless:
Heck, for me the Abarth is one of the hardest cars to get good lap times! This car really separates experienced and good drivers from less clean drivers :cautious:
(but it's a fun car for everyone and the Races where awesome with it!)

PS: please tell me it's fixed with the car change. That was a relieve to say that :roflmao:

the abarth 500 is quite easy to drive when you are alone on the circuit, it's when you
get in traffic and unexpected things happen, it will just immediately swap end's

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%