AC Rookies: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Silverstone - Monday, March 20, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So now us in the UK are racing sun morning??..If thats the case i will have to sign out..:cry::cry:
P.S..Them times cant be right can they..44 hours difference..??

It's midnight GMT Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Sorry, editing multiple posts when I'm not fully awake apparently isn't a good idea. Nothing has changed from the original schedule, I just forgot to edit all my my copy/paste info.

Last edited:
That's not really what these sessions are about. We don't even discuss lap times prior to the event.
It's about rookie drivers that may have raced offline against AI for days, weeks, months or even years without having the confidence to get involved with online racing due to multiple factors such as worrying about ruining other people's races or being humiliated by not being anywhere near the front runners
This is a safe early stepping stone event to ease newcomers if all types as well as some experienced guys to share information, learn race craft and above all have a bit of banter on teamspeak

I was simply showing my consistency...I am fully aware of what the meet is about, a stress free environment to learn the basics. I get it, but there are some who watch timings when it comes to racing offline. This is a mark to show others like me who are interested in same.

Video looks fantastic, cannot resist it.
Two main concerns:
1. I am on Vive-Revive and once in a while I get a blu screen in the headset that last ~ 1 sec. Last thing I want to it is crashing on someone when that's happening. Does anyone have the same issue? Is there a fix to get rid of it.
2. Moreover, I'm on full 89 FPS with very few drops on a 10 AI grid and ~65 CPU with 1.4 oversampling and I am wondering if I will get any lag on a full grid. This is gonna be my first race, don't want to be banned :)
I will test some public server before committing 100% hoping to find a spot for Monday.

1. I am on Vive-Revive and once in a while I get a blu screen in the headset that last ~ 1 sec. Last thing I want to it is crashing on someone when that's happening. Does anyone have the same issue? Is there a fix to get rid of it.

Hello mate :) I use the Oculus Rift and haven't had this problem so I can't really help on this, sorry :( Maybe worth posting something on either a new thread in the Sim Racing Hardware forum or in the comments of my VR and Sim Racing: A Guide to Setting Up and even maybe in the general AC forum to see if anyone can help?

2. Moreover, I'm on full 89 FPS with very few drops on a 10 AI grid and ~65 CPU with 1.4 oversampling and I am wondering if I will get any lag on a full grid. This is gonna be my first race, don't want to be banned :)

You wont be banned :) If it's really bad and a danger then you will be told over TS and asked to rectify the issue or remove yourself from the race. I would suggest trying public server events for sure as that will be an excellent indication of performance. I don't know about the Vive but I can and do run at 45fps will 30 odd cars off and online and it's spot on, so I suspect the vive will be something similar and should be fine. Again try out a public server and see what happens would be my best suggestion. Worse case scenario is you sign up for this event and when it gets to practice / quali one of the drivers or staff can spot you for a bit and check all is well. If it is, great, if not then give it a miss and look at sorting it out in future..

:)

Hi Brian. The club races are for Premium members only. We have several membership options that you can find in the opening post, they're all very reasonable and you can do just one month if you just wanna test it out first. We'd love to have you on track!
First off, I want to thank you for the opportunity to become a member of the group. My good friend Gregg Kersting was the one that told me about this part of the website. I've been on this site for quite some time, but I'm usually posting set ups and having conversations on the F1 2016 board. I'd love the opportunity to make it to the big leagues with you guys. Having said what you did say, do you have anymore info on what leagues I can get involved with? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks again

First off, I want to thank you for the opportunity to become a member of the group. My good friend Gregg Kersting was the one that told me about this part of the website. I've been on this site for quite some time, but I'm usually posting set ups and having conversations on the F1 2016 board. I'd love the opportunity to make it to the big leagues with you guys. Having said what you did say, do you have anymore info on what leagues I can get involved with? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks again

Everything in this section is for club races which are shorter (~30 minutes), just for fun, and don't have points or attendance requirements. It's a good place to hone your skills without the pressure of a league, learn some tips, and make some friends. We do offer several leagues too, ranging from touring cars to rally. You can find them here.

http://www.racedepartment.com/categories/sim-racing-leagues.400/

Hope you find something that's interests you and we see you on track soon!

Brandon, is it possible for me spot Brian Albers the $3.32 for a months membership so he will be able to race with us in the rookie race Monday 3/20? I still have to purchase a membership myself, I could pay double for one month trial.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back