AC Rookies: Abarth 500 AC @ Brands Hatch (Live Stream) - Monday,April 3, 2017 FULL

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Frustrating race for me so I quit after a blue flagged car turned into the car in front of me and spun them both out. In an effort to get back on the track the guy in front took me out and drove off.

This was after my race was compromised in Turn 2 by someone barrelling into the back of me. Went from 12th to dead last and only recovered a few spots.

Man, that is a tough track. Great race guys. I had a blast.

Guys, I tried to look at the replay after the race, and somehow it's only about 2 minutes long. Can one of you guys check your replay for me? I'd like to analyze my accident to see if I caused it. I'm open to critique. I can't remember what lap it was, I think around 20 in.

Thanks, see you guys next week.

Ahh guys, worst race I ever had :-(

I am sorry if I compromised anybody on the track today.
Starting from ~ 10th or so I was just behind David Wright in lap 1 after the restart and just ever slightly touched his right rear (no offense) when he braked a few times during the last corner as he battled cars in front of him.
This tiny touch spun my car off and I ended last (!!!) place and tried to get back into the race, had banging doors with Raptor (?) repeatedly, spun me again and then just after finally passing Raptor my entire wheel disconnected (thanks Windows 10 and USB devices I guess).
I ended up standing on the curb after T1 until the wheel rebooted and only could rejoin the race after I was lapped.

I started to lap back people and really struggled without any FFB with the wheel just flopping about like a limp …
I made a little progress (so not to finish last), even un-lapped one or two cars after catching up - Thanks Eian for the nice battle - and then AGAIN - wheel disconnected at the very same spot now ending up standing just after T1 when unfortunately someone had a full-on collision into me.

I hope to actually have a race with you guys next time - the car was fun, the track is a perfect fit for this car.

Just watched the replay, full race showed up for me.
It was me that ran into the back of you menos, lap 25.... hey Brandon, who ever was doing the replay did a great job of switching to my car 10 seconds before I slammed into menos.
I didn't see the car until it was too late to swerve.
I had a blast, thanks for the great racin'.

I want to apologise for the restarts and for the crash in turn one on the first go, wanted to push through after the guy in front of me started to lose it and i hit him. Head was not in the game tonight for some reason...I do apologise.

Just watched the replay, full race showed up for me.
It was me that ran into the back of you menos, lap 25.... hey Brandon, who ever was doing the replay did a great job of switching to my car 10 seconds before I slammed into menos.
Pete I just wanted to say WOW, It was a great race, you were less than 1 second away from me for more that 10 laps. I tried everything to get away from you just your were too good! Sorry at the end of the race you got taken out, fun race though!

It sure was fun chasing you Elan, I couldn't get close enough to chance making a pass.
Just trying to keep up with another racer for so many laps makes for good racing.
That crash came out of nowhere... I saw you moving to the middle of the track.. so I went wide, then BAM, I saw the car at the last second. No big deal, all part of the racing fun.

If you follow our Racing Rules you can't really ruin people's races. In Motorsport and Sim Racing incidents happen. But as long as you take it easy, give back the position then most people are okay with it.

This was an event for rookies and nobody expects an incident free race. Just sign up for the next race and try again. Make sure to ask as many questions on teamspeak and on the forum to become a better driver and before you know it you are just 'old' but not longer a 'noob' as you call it :)

Practice masters and especially online with others things improve fast when you ask questions to become better.

Best of luck and I hope you and the rest had a great night.

Hey Pete, I am so sorry this happened.
I was actually shocked when I was hit as my brain was just wired to act on instinct which was in that moment to get the steering wheel rebooted as fast as possible so I can move away from the danger zone on the track.

Good call from Eian to avoid me sitting there helpless while the Fanatec rebooted.
Pete, Too bad your view was compromised chasing Eian :-(

I also did have in mind that normally in this situation Assetto Corsa should show a yellow flag at least before entry of T1 - I guess as I didn't leave the track when all controls were gone now yellow flags were shown?

That crash came out of nowhere... I saw you moving to the middle of the track.. so I went wide, then BAM, I saw the car at the last second. No big deal, all part of the racing fun.
It must have been one hell of a surprise ;-) :-(
Sorry Dirk if I ruined your race I'm not very good. just a noob old man
thanks everybody for putting up with my bad driving.
Hey Robert, no need to be sorry - you didn't ruin my race at all - I did it all by myself when I spun, seeing Brandon braking too late in a place were you normally go full trottle as he ran into traffic himself.

What did me in really was the complete loss of control TWICE (!!!) during the race and racing the entire time without any FFB, hence my horrible performance.
I am really angry at myself, having spun myself out so early and at the wheel malfunction to did the rest, even worse, having cost a few others issues in the process.
I was really looking forward to fight for position in the midfield, maybe even stick within the top ten.
Nevertheless there were some really nice sparring fights in the training session - nice racing you guys ;-)

There will be a next time. Lessons were learned.

Here is a question for the experts:
If something happens like the complete loss of controls of the car.
Is it possible to eject back to the pits and then continue the race starting from the pitlane?

Is it even possible to leave the server, reboot the computer and reenter the race with proper working wheel and continue the race from the pitlane?

Man, that is a tough track. Great race guys. I had a blast.

Guys, I tried to look at the replay after the race, and somehow it's only about 2 minutes long. Can one of you guys check your replay for me? I'd like to analyze my accident to see if I caused it. I'm open to critique. I can't remember what lap it was, I think around 20 in.

Thanks, see you guys next week.
Here it is :)

Your name was still showing in the game as Raptor. To change it go to the Profile tab in the AC setting and there's a box along the top you should be able to click on to enter your name. :thumbsup:
That was me in the green car, saw everything...was trying to to be heavy on the brakes but the incident had already occurred and Chris was already at a disadvantage. If anything, my hit placed him in the right direction.
What is wrong with Raptor?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years