1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Rookie cars?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by alarmtech75, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I hope to be getting an iracing membership in a couple weeks, got a couple questions. I'm gonna be running ovals and I know you get the free cars like the Ford Legends. Now, is that the only car you can drive as a rookie, or can I buy a Street Stock and drive it as a rookie? If so, which do you guys suggest on starting off with? I'm gonna go ahead and get a year membership, so either I can get a year for $69 or I found a promo for a year and Daytona, Talladega, and the cup car. I know it will be a while before I can drive the cup car but might as well get this one for $10 more and get the car and two tracks I'll need later. Any input would be great. Thanks guys!!

2. I am currently climbing to oval ladder and am planning on the following, as I'm not much for open-wheel oval cars outside of Indy:

Rookie: Street Stock
    Class D: Late Model Series (Monte Carlo SS)
    Class C: Truck Series (Silverado)
    Class B: IndyCar Series (Dallara) - Maybe some Nationwide
    Class A: Cup Series (Impala)

Now, if you're more of a Tony Stewart type, then Legends, Modified, Silver Crown and Sprint cars may be for you.

3. Eric, you ought to give the Modifieds a try. I'm running the SK's this season, and they're kinda beastly. Best thing is, the folks running them, for the most part, are pretty polite. Haven't been in too many wreck fests.

4. I may just do that - I'm pretty close to being able to fast-track to a 'C' license and could use a couple of clean races.