Robert Kubica

Please!
robert_kubica_ronde_lana_5896723.jpg

Wroom Wroom!
Robert_Kubica_Ronde_Lana_5896717.jpg

Just wait...i´ll be back...
robert_kubica_ronde_lana_5896733.jpg

I watched the whole in-car video of one of the Stages (I think the same stage as above) and the man is ON. FORM. Precise, quick and daring. He's lost little of the killer instinct that made him such a great driver, I can't wait to see him get back in an F1 car. Just hope he wants to get back in one!

He might be capable of driving a rally car but is his arm capable of driving an F1 car for 90 mins straight without starting to hurt or get injured?

I wonder how F1 compares to rallying -- there is the weight training they do to hold the wheel but in most of the footage of training I've seen, the focus seems to be on the neck, back and leg muscles. I think if Robert can handle rough mixed road rallying OK, he shouldn't be too far off single seaters. This is exciting for the 2013 season :D

I wonder how F1 compares to rallying -- there is the weight training they do to hold the wheel but in most of the footage of training I've seen, the focus seems to be on the neck, back and leg muscles. I think if Robert can handle rough mixed road rallying OK, he shouldn't be too far off single seaters. This is exciting for the 2013 season :D
You might be right but after seeing Riccardo and a woman from Sky F1 in the RBR simulator I got the impression that the steering wheel was a lot heavier then an Rally cars steering wheel.
I might be wrong but since Kubica's arm is/was injured he might not be able to withstand such stress for 90mins (normal length of a race).

Apparently, it's to do with the gear shifters.

His injuries are preventing him from using the paddle shift. The strength part does have an effect though.

F1 cars have power steering so less force to drive then a GP2 car.
It´s just that when you hit a curb, the power steering won´t filter it out.
That jolt could be a problem but i think another year and he´s good to go.

I can´t see Ferrari choosing Perez before Kubica, especially when you have Alonso on their ass telling them he wants his friend in the team.

Perez will do great things though.

Oh well. Another day, another rally confirmation, he'll be rallying his trusty Subaru next week on the "Rally di Bassano". This time he'll be co-driven by yet another person, Emanuele Inglesi. I think the problem with the crash he had was that he was driving with the co-driver with whom he had the crash with, they're both scared about each other while driving and are making small stupid mistakes, as Robert was the quickest around but made an error on each stage, which is really unlike him. :)

Also for anyone who still doesn't know, Pirelli's motorsport director, Paul Hembery, has announced that whenever Kubica's arm would recover and if he was able to drive an F1 car, they'd instantly send him an offer for testing for them, to help him get used to an F1 car and make his comeback easier! :)
Source

Well you could definitely say that his comeback to motorsports in general has been pretty successful so far... :)

It doesn't matter to me whether he makes it back to F1 or not, I'll still support him...

Kubica after clearing the last stage is the unquestioned winner! Winning by 1 minute and 4 seconds in front of an Italian Sossella in a Citroen C4. Hopefully this is helping him to recover even faster, but seeing what he can do even with the hand like now, it's just the proof of how big of a talent he has, even after that horrible accident! I hope he will recover enough to get into a single seater at some stage again :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 14.0%