Rob van Starkenburg joins Precision Motorsports

The colony of dutch drivers in Precision Motorsports has received its further extension - the rising future star of Formula SimRacing, Rob van Starkenburg, has signed a one year deal with the team. Rob is going to challenge for the 2013 World Series Championship.

Rob had a superb rookie season in WS, scoring 2 podiums and finishing overall 4th in the championship, impressing the team and resulting in an agreement for mutual cooperation for 2013 with the clear aim - fight for the championship.

The team has caught up with Rob to ask him a couple of questions about the recent transfer.

You have shown great pace and dedication during your first season in the World Series, how do you feel about your performance? what would you consider your strengths and weaknesses?
I feel happy for what I have achieved this year, it was not easy. And ofcource there were some errors. But before the season started, i didn't even think about getting a podium, or finishing this high in the championship. The main reason for this, I think is my consistency and dedication to get the best result possible. I always tried to be clean in battles, and i think i did a pretty good job with that. My weaknesses? Only thing I can think of at the moment is the ammount of experience I have.

You have been with the team for a couple of weeks now, how have those few weeks been and what are your first impressions?
The first couple of weeks have been great. Everyone within the team is nice and we are having a lot of fun already. I can also already feel the dedication to be successful, and I really like it.

What do you expect from joining Precision Motorsports in the future?
A lot of dedication to win, and a great ammount of fun. I'm already looking forward to the next season!

Team owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"Rob has already been on our wishlist for the 2012 season, but by the time we were ready to make him an offer he already signed with Netrex. His performance during the season was really good and only confirmed the reason for our interest so of course we were looking to sign him for 2013 and we are happy he accepted our offer and I´m looking forward to see what he can achieve next year."

Team manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"Rob caught our interest already at the end of 2011. This year he has been gaining experience and did a very good job overall so signing him is only a natural consequence of the progress he has made. At the same time I am certain the major steps will be done over the winter, from which he will come out as a title challenger. I'm looking forward to working with him and we will certainly achieve our aims."

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by Ondrej Kuncman
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%