Roaldo Racing exits Formula-SimRacing after 10 years

Dear all!

I just saw the post of TMo, to be honoust I didn't visit the FSR and forum for some time now, but I thought I also say something. I always thought what to write when the end came, would I get a statue? Hall of Fame? lol...it doesn't matter to me anymore, and that is why it is time to write instead of think about my departure in FSR.

In the other topic someone said "its the dream that didnt come true in real life". Spot on, it was. I love racing and organizing, planning, managing, no wonder I ended up in SimRacing 10 years ago in the GP3Championship and GP3GL (former FSR). I had the motivation as young kid back then to really improve and make a good team. Over the years great drivers came to the team, most of them becoming good e-friends. Almost (!!) winning FSR WC hehe.

I did my best for FSR as President for a few years and I wanted to continue to be involved. At the end of 2009 I already thought to quit, however I wanted to try again and be part of FSR. It was a good & fun year with good drivers, a lot of fun with the RR 2010 team!

Due to several circumstances I lost motivation to manage a relative big team again. I grew up, almost finished with my university, graduating at Philips Consumer Lifestyle, moved to Amsterdam, suddenly a whole new path in life opened and FSR became less interesting. Other circumstances were some league developments, but ok, in the end everyone wants to move forward, be it left or right, as long as the motivation to move forward is good, I'm happy.

So I will also not say any bad words. For me FSR was a great experience, I learned a lot and now it is time to move forward and use that experience in a different way.

I wish everyone in FSR a great time, that you can enjoy it as I did. I'm unable to make a list from everyone who I enjoyed chatting with, but you will know who you are, and that my end in FSR doesn't mean my end in SimRacing ;)

I had my dream, it never came true unfortunately, but still I enjoyed & loved FSR. Keep on dreaming and (sim)racing! Its an beautiful online raceworld!

Goodbye my friends - Roald Reurink

Great farewell Roald. We all know how you feel. FSR was a massive part of TMo and all the others that have left. It does not mean we hate FSR. For me, FSR helped me meet one of my best friends, and allowed me to meet lots of new people from around the world. It just comes to a stage where that is not what it is about anymore, and it's time to move on.

A fantastic post Roald.

Indeed everything has to end someday, I dont have long career in here but i think im not lying alot if i say Roaldo Racing was the best team i could ask for to drive in
So good luck Mr. Reurink (omg if i got it right) and thank you for legendary team that will be missed

Best wishes Roald, thanks for the support you gave me back in '08 when I first started making vids for this league. Best of luck for the future :wink:

It has been a priviledge to be the team owner of this team or actualy mayby a bit the founder hehe, taking over the old Henrj GP team in 05 and Roald giving me the chance to drive in FSR back then. I have had a great time with RR achieved some nice results to although never the desired WC championship but thats how it goes sometimes. Met some fantastic people and learned a lot in simracing. Late 09 i decided to sell my license at that point i knew that it would most likely mean the end for RR in FSR ,although they suprised me to be on the grid in 2010. Anyway sometimes people will have to take a different route and start to do some new things.

Wish you all the best for the future Roald and thanks for the great time at Hernj GP / RR

Fredrik, when are you coming to Amsterdam? I work with someone from Lund btw ;) I will be watching you this season, so you better don't dissapoint otherwise I will go berserk (great word).
Mark, thanks m8, you were a life-saver! We had a great time indeed.
Simon, you did all yourself, your a great moviemaker...and I won't forget you nor your work.
Andreas, likewise m8.
Jack, thank you. I'm sure we keep in touch, through all your funny Facebook posts at least hehe
Theis, thanks, appriciate it. Good luck with your future activities.
Sami, you got it right haha, we are still bound together in an other league.
Pedro, good luck m8 this year, you are surely a driving force behind this league for some time now.

Cheers to everyone else.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years