Roadmap 2017

Hello!!

First of all sorry for my English (not native) and apologize if I'm duplicating the information on this thread, checked other threads but didn't find anything.

I was thinking on the changes made during 2017 on R3E and remembered that they "promised" a ranking online system. Found a website with the roadmap for 2017, let's analyze it:

"Sector3 Studios has some very exciting RaceRoom content and game features lined up for 2017. The development team is hard at work on proper VR support and a new flag system. We can also expect features such as manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and a set of physic updates. Furthermore, the RaceRoom Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships."

- VR - Done, still improving it (I'm not owner of VR) but I think they accomplished it.
- Flag System - Could be better but they implemented and improving it.
- Tyre compounts - still few cars (formulas) but they did the step.
- AI Improvements - I remember months ago a big improvement, at least the aggression from the AI increased a lot, there are still things I hate (they always try to follow the race line even if you are there) or strange bugs when going pits for example.
- New Data displays - I know they changed them on some cars such as Mclaren GT3.
_ Multiplayer mode with rankings - This is what I remembered... is this the only pending thing to do along this year from this roadmap?

What do you think? Will they implement the online Ranking in the next 2 months? I would love to see a beginning of this, at least creating automatic races with inscriptions.

Other thing commented was content-related (cars, tracks, etc), I think we all agree that we had a bunch of new content! Still waiting for Porsche's cars but they improved a lot.

Source from the roadmap: http://www.bsimracing.com/raceroom-2017-info-and-content-previews/

You should view this... www.raceroomers.pt

It's an online ranking system working that gives to the pilot a rating value based on the user performance at RaceRoom. If you are a good driver the rating will be higher! They also have a Driver License based on RaceRoom pilot experience. You start as a Rookie and your license will improve as long you are a good pilot.

They also have an automatic system that triggers the multiplayer server automatic and pulls the results after the race ends...

The project is being developed since August and they are using a League Manager software called SR Leagues that controls diferent automatic RaceRoom Dedicated Servers. The purpose of SR Leagues is to help all leagues to organize their championships or individual races...

20170819_234428.png Screenshot_20171023-061638.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-10-20 15.01.18.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-20 15.01.18.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hi there,

Well raceroomers.pt have the rating system and its fully automaticly. They also have created a license grade to rate the pilots.

I know that is not a "official" rating system designed by Sector3 but they could see this working... :)

Luís

Doesn't really concern the ranked multiplayer, but it does concern the "2017 roadmap". Just posted by J-F on the S3 forums:

I can confirm you should not hold your breath for an october patch. Right now I have a target date set to 14th November.

We have several reasons to wait and hold. One of them was the the new cars in GT3 class required an overhaul of all the other GT3's. At first we were going to release them on the current tire model already in public. Then approval process has delayed the new cars and new physics were getting ready, so opted to hold.

We have to work also on feature requests from RaceRoom Entertainment regarding the next esport activities that will be happening on RaceRoom.

All in all, sorry to say we didn't patch in October.

But November patch(es) will be quite the patch(es).

Thank you @Martin Fiala for those news. Good news but I feel that currently the situation has slightly changed. Project Cars 2 and Gran Turismo Sport included new ranking features (you can like it or not) but for sure this will be the new tendency. It's a shame that RaceRoom, despite of their intentions about rankings online postponed it that much (it's not too late yet) because there is a lot of community waiting for an alternative to iRacing and not dependant to private community leagues.
I will cross my fingers waiting Sector3 to implement ranking online, I'm sure that with the current content (tracks + cars) and the (IMO) nice physics, FFB and overall content (interface, flags, pits, etc) this game can win a lot of new players.

Maybe they are pushing hard in content thinking more in the new GTR3 game?

Good news but I feel that currently the situation has slightly changed. Project Cars 2 and Gran Turismo Sport included new ranking features (you can like it or not) but for sure this will be the new tendency. It's a shame that RaceRoom, despite of their intentions about rankings online postponed it that much (it's not too late yet) because there is a lot of community waiting for an alternative to iRacing and not dependant to private community leagues.

I wouldnt really say the situation has changed for RR at all, unless you are referring to genre changes that other games are trying to implement. To that point though, GT Sport doesnt compete at all with RR as it is on a different platform and doesnt target the same audience. PC2 may have tried to do ranked MP, but by all accounts, MP is a mess and PC2 is hemorrhaging players left and right.

Organized racing in RR and a ranking system has still been under ongoing development, but that is quite a task to do well for a very small dev team. Im sure if Sector3 had a studio of 150+ people like SMS does for PC2, it would be a different story and the feature would be out by now.

Maybe they are pushing hard in content thinking more in the new GTR3 game?

I dont really think this is the case at all, since GTR3 is an entirely different game made by a different studio. Sure would be nice to hear something new about this game though, since nothing has been said about it in quite a while :p

BTW, wasn't PCars 2 supposed to feature 24/7 online league racing to complement its ranking system (which apparently doesn't really work all that well anyway), yet the game was shipped without it? I believe so.

I just read it also on Facebook, amazing! The only thing where I have doubts is on the "New competition concept", hope it won't be focused on pay, pay and pay. Anyway everything sounds great, let's wait for their update!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back