rF2 Road Racing Series - Race Two @ Spa 67 - Mon August 2nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry for my terrible start from the middle, I was just trying to gain some positions, but I have tapped some guys, as far as I saw they should be OK, I just pulled some ford into wall but in my mirrors he went back quickly without loosing so much, then I tapped someone on left... I lost control then but everyone successfully avoid me, I started from the last place and I didnt meet nobody in walls or some crashes after that... sorry

Anyway, I had nice evening, a lot of people didnt finish, I was lapped only once and only by Nicholas... I had to do 2 pit stops because of damage and then because of bad radiator

This track is just awesome :)

EDIT: so far so good isnt it? My specific sorry is to Alessandro who is the first I have tapped and I now watched the replay and he lost more then I though.... :( Sorry! And then to Thomas... And for 3 times, for the start, the tap during the race and the crash I caused, I lost control and I was trying to be as far as possible to be out of the way... but spinning is hard to stop :((((( locked up the wheels, braked as hard as possible and just waiting if you will avoid me

Good race, really good battles in the end.. but I could not stay at the same speed with the fords :frown:. My start was very bad and lose 4 or 5 positions, and in the first laps I fought to not lose the car.. Im sorry if I ruined the race to someone, had a couple of little contacts fighting for positions..

Thanks all, cya next week :)

My specific sorry is to Alessandro who is the first I have tapped and I now watched the replay and he lost more then I though....
no problem at all mate, really :D

my race was quite enjoyable except for my double "exceeding speed" in pit lane that cost me a lot of time because first time I didn't know what to do :D

"unfortunately" from 08th tu 22nd of August I'll be on holidays no we'll meet again at ..... at ..... DUNDROD !! oh my god
take care at its first bend or we'll be together like this ==> :signup:
thanks all for the race and to Ryo for server

ciao

Started 5, lost places to Ouff and Woodward, Kapal tapped me in Eau Rouge (No problem!). Canbaz passed on power alone, fell to 8th, regained that at the end of the straight when he span. Passed Ouff on straight, up to Woodward by end of the lap.

Lap 2 - Had a run at Woodward but couldn't get beyond side by side. At the 2nd chicane Woodward braked and it took me off guard as i run through there flat out. I tapped him and hit the right barrier. (I'm not angry, i should have taken better avoiding action). Eggbeer hit me as i came to a rest, 3 more cars passed me as i got back up to speed. Chased 4 cars. Freitas (9th), Ouff, Canbaz and Eggbeer (6th).

Lap 3 - Passed Ouff, he repassed and then i was passed by Swiderski on the straight. Passing Ouff in the run back up to the hairpin, Canbaz span in front of Swiderski, i braked hit Swiderski, Ouff hit me. Cars flew everywhere. Me and Swiderski carried on. Ouff was stuck behind a wall, his race was ruined. I was in 8th at this point.

Lap 4 - Span in frustration, Kapal passed, down to 9th. Passed him later in the lap.

Lap 5 - Kapal passes on straight. I passed him towards on of lap, i spin at hairpin Kapal passes again.

Lap 6 - I pass Kapal for 7th, Kapal passed at hairpin.

Lap 7 - Kapal went off, i go off at same corner (Kapal spins back on to track, i manage to keep some control). Coming back onto track i clip him sending us into a further spin. We carry on, he pits. At this point i was 6th.

Last 4 laps lonely and clean. Finished 6th. A little disappointing considering the pace i had but the battles were enjoyable!

One of these days i'd like to finish not being the last man on the lead lap (it's happened in the past 4/5 races i am sure) and of course not have been lapped!

17 points, bring me up to 38.

Thanks Ryan, RD and all those who took part.

LOL Thomas it is really funny to read it like that :D yes it was total fun that passing each other, that pit killed it :/
I forgot to say that there was one time where I met with some crashed guy and with a lot of car parts, I was going straight and it was just
"bang bang bang. rrrrmmm.. bang" as I was shooting those parts :D amazing

Enjoyable night for me.

Only managed one timed lap before Quali as I kept crashing/blowing engines (surprised the team had any parts left).

Quali: Took 30l and ran out at blanchimont, not good.

Race: Started 10th I think it was and made a good start and gained a couple of places into Eau Rouge. Someone span across the track so I slowed up to avoid but lost a few places. Got passed by Julian just after Eau Rouge and was on his tail and just in front Ryan had a spectacular moment which thankfully I just avoided. Caught up to Daniel on the run up the hill and was past him and was running in about 7th place at the end of lap 1.

Lap 2 Thomas crashed at the fast chicane and I had nowhere to go but straight into him. Lost half the front end of the car and had steering issues. The guys behind caught me right up but as they squabbled I managed to catch up to Robert by taking huge chunks of time out at Blanchimont, La Source, and the two quick chicanes and got him into the long right hander at the bottom of the hill. He managed to keep in my slipstream and tried to overtake at the exit of Eau Rouge but he just went straight on. I was now up to 4th and then Toby had an issue so was up to third.

The final 6 laps or so were just brilliant. I had Christian and Dariusz on my tail with Christian having a couple of attempts to get past me before dropping behind Dariusz. Dariusz was all over my tail but was struggling to get past on the straights. However in the long right hander at the bottom of the hill, my tyres just didn't grip and I went sideways, clipped the wall on the outside, Dariusz sneaked through on the inside, I shot to theinside and hit the inside wall and ended up going between the wall and the fence before rejoining behind Christian. Really annoyed about that accident as it was my only mistake of the race and it cost me third. Finished in 5th.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all those I battled with :)

hehe i thought that i could make it passed you, i was looking to the left to see where you were while i was passing you to check if i had fully overtaken and when i looked forward again that was when i noticed i was running out of track and needed to brake, i locked the brakes and slid along the wall and my engine went. the engines on these cars are too weak, i only slid along the wall so i didnt even hit the engine...getting bored of dnfing now lol

I sucked at car choice. I chose the wrong car, it turns out. Right on the limit and 5 secs a lap slower than Nic and Gary. Then I threw it into the barriers under no pressure as my phone went off (Chris Butcher was ringing me :L :L)... Game over from 3rd. I wasn't going to catch the leaders and I was about 40 seconds ahead of 4th, so it was stupidity. I'm cross.

Grabbed the track and mod and signed up and joined for practice start,had a dabble with the Charger but decided to give the Torana a blast and quite liked it which was fortunate as it just popped to qualify.
Seemed like a good start from pole but got swamped by Toby and Swidey and Nic took up a close rear gunner position of our leading break-away quartet....Nic picked up everyones draft and took a very impressive run right up to the front and proceeded to make some instant gap on us,a mistake by Swidey allowed me back to 3rd and got a move on towards Toby,all the time Nic was really clearing off!!!,eventually got something to stick on Toby at the right part of the track to pull clear of him for good,the job to catch Nic was now well over 5secs so i pushed a little and was pleased to start pulling some back on him,but he seemed to respond and from then on pulled out the gap to truly uncatchable,i tried to pit for fuel on the last lap but was informed "cant remove fuel during race",so i hobbled out the pits and finished the last lap with fuel to spare,no pit was ever needed :D.
Proper job Nic.

Thank You Ryo & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back