rF2 Road Racing Series - Race Five @ Dundrod 50 - Mon August 23rd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great night for me.

Quali: Only got 1 lap in and put it in 4th place.

Race: Moved slightly before the lights but stopped it in time and didn't get a drive through. Was up to third by turn 1 then suddenly I see Magnus and Chris drive into the field at turn 4 and I was leading. Had Ryan on my tail before he got through and then spectacularly crashed it at the top of the hill. I was lucky to avoid and managed to lead the first lap. Lap 2, Chris got past me and I got him back when he made a mistake. He then pitted for a drive through whilst I managed to lead for a second lap (First time I led 2 laps in a race at RD :)). Had a lead of about 6 seconds over Magnus but that soon disappeared and he was all over me by lap 4. Managed to hold him off for a bit but he got past on lap 5 around the 1st sector split but I re-overtook him. I then kept missing my gear shifts a couple of corners later which allowed him back through. Followed him until the last few corners of the lap where I ended up going the wrong side of the fence. Luckily it was an area I had done it before and I knew I could keep going and join up again further down however I lost 5 seconds doing so. The last 5 laps I just kept it tidy and finished 2nd, only 20 seconds behind Magnus who was much faster all night, and 1min 45 seconds ahead of 3rd.

Very happy with tonights work and I wish we could race this track every week :tongue:

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all those I battled with.

What could have been a great race turned into nightmare. I crashed in 4th place 1 corner from the end.

Started 8th, fought off Knight, ended up 4th stayed there for 6 laps with relatively clean laps then binned it into a concrete bush. Classified 5th, 19 points.

Thanks once more Ryan, RD and all who took part.

My first win here at RD! :D (If I remember correctly)

Made the pole for the race. Got very surprised by an orange Charger blasting past me just seconds before the green! Got away cleanly and cought up with Chris in that speedy charger and outbraked myself in the Leathemstown corner along with Chris, rejoined in 9th place. Worked my way back in to 3rd on lap 2 passing Eddie. Was some distance behind Adam and Chris, at the end of lap 2 Chris pitted and I got 2nd, then I caught up with Adam at the end of lap 3. Had a nice battle with him for a few laps, it was very hard to pass him, did so on the backstretch(lap 5) but forgot to change the gears(!) from 3rd to 4th dropping a bit but then passed him after the following corner. Kept the lead untill the end but had a scary moment in lap 9 where I touched the grasswall coming out of Ireland's corner, the car bumped up on two wheels scraping the left door and hit the fence lightly but I was able to continue. Lapped Alessandro just before taking the chequered flag and won my first race here at RD.

Im surprised I was so fast around this track as this is the first time I ever drove these cars, however I do know the track like the back of my hand and I guess that's what paid out in the end. Thanks for a great race and a toast the the hosts! :)

Sorry for the bumps early on Thomas Lee, I seemed to be too fast in the slow bits & not
quick enough in the faster bits + you made that little LJ one wide car to get around.
I think I was measuring you up for an over take over the top in that double left before the hairpin
when I looped it.
Then did that again at least twice again then I settled back in for a lonely drive to the finish which
cropped up one lap sooner than I expected.
My first full race on the 'net & I made it to the end AND failed to come last, which is all good in my book.
Thanks Ryan & I'll see you all at Machwerk next week.

Haha that was funny. I misinterpreted the lights, I saw green and went! That n00b mistake earned me a drive through :D Served my penalty, got another one for being 1mph over the limit for a split second, served that one, then kept making n00b mistakes until i ended up the wrong side of the bushes and couldn't get back onto the track :p so DNF

But I don't care, thoroughly enjoyed this event, I'm falling in love with these cars! Thanks again Ryan and RD for hosting, I'll certainly be around for Machwerk XD

I guess I should apologize to Mr Woodward for a bit of frustration on my end. I hit you a few times going into the hairpin but it was because you were braking so early I couldn't avoid. I had blown a great start trying to avoid hitting an errant car ahead as it slid sideways and I backed off with the usual results. Anyway, after getting past you twice only for a stray hay bale to cause me to slow and let you by again, I spent another lap trying to get a run on you. You tend to weave a lot and I flashed my lights to try and have you stick to a line as I was faster but was getting heated having to back off all the time.
Maybe I need to be more aggressive at the starts and not avoid contact as much as I do as I tend to get swamped in the midfield.
Would love to have Bathurst on again.
Cheers all, I love this mod.

Are you planning on holding more Legends events, maybe on different night? I was on a verge of signing up for Today's event, but my love for rallying made me start in the RBR event and after doing a few laps on Dunrod in the Torana I was absolutely blown away yesterday.

Have you heard anything on the Targa Florio regarding release date Ryan?
If there's no concrete plans could we at least lay some formwork regarding Targa Florio & possibly
another round/miniseries to go with it?
Possibly using those other awesome tracks you told me about-Only managed to find a couple of them so far!
Thanks for the great race & I hope you decide to run it again.
But first,Machwerk.......lets see what that'll bring-besides an 11minute lap when it's wet!
Will it be raining? Which version will it be?
Bring on the carnage!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years