1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road noise?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by nancyras, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Does the road noise actually work?

Some cars have quite a dip in loudness during shifts or get a lot less noisy when off-gas (e.g. MP4) and I have set road noise to 100 but can not hear anything. It is even a bit irritating when driving at 200 km/h and there is barely any noise between shifts. Shouldn't the road noise produce some sort of noticable background noise?
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester

Not exactly sure what your asking, but if your looking for louder engine noise and shift sound increase the engine sound, road sound would be gravel, dirt and rumble strip loudness.
  3. Can`t you just turn the other sounds down a bit?
  4. I tried that, but there seems to be not much background sound from driving other then the engine sound. But, I probably have mistaken the road noise with wind noise. Maybe road noise is just for external and replay cams? I wish there would be something like windnoise in the background to remind me that I am driving at high speeds, at least audible when the engine does not drown out all other sounds, like during shifts or off-gas.

It is more apparant in cars like the MP4 and less apparant in DTM cars for instance.

Comparing the MP4 in R3E and real, you can hear/sense the wind noise, especially above 200 km/h when he is off-gas. That is what I am missing.

5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks

I have a similar issue, but with the tire scrub noise. I have all other volumes at or below 50% and tire scrub at 100%, but the only time I ever hear the tires scrub is when I'm half way through a spin (which is a little late to be getting auditory feedback from the tires). I wish I could hear them scrubbing when they're leaning hard into a turn, to notify me that I'm about to exceed the limits.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Yes, that would have been the next on my list too. Tyre scrub is barely audible, probably not at all for me.
  7. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

More pronounced road noise would be nice. I don't know about a race car but in a road car the sound of the tyres rolling is much of what you hear.
  8. Mach

#47 G.R.Webb Sidecar Racer 1962-1972

Pretty happy with the sound tbh...plenty of scrub.

and yeah @James Cook that is you mullering me off the line in ya R8 :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

That was the extent of the mullering. I had a mare from then on in.
  10. Mach

me too at Hockenhiem...

them two guys in front were quick, I nearly had 'em in Quali, I purpled the S1 and 2 but fluffed the last corner...in the race they had me though, it was only their battle that kept me in contention, then the Z4 guy made a mistake in the very fast uphill section a few laps from the end and the R8 guy did the same on last lap...:ninja: So a cheeky one for me, but I stayed with 'em so I'll take it.

See what you think of that mix maan, that's what I used for that race. in the headphones proper loud it was decent for me anyway.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  11. Could you please post your audio settings to give them a try?

Thank you in advance.
  12. Mach

Player - 100%
    Effects Volume - 35%
    Engine - 50%
    Road Noise - 5%
    Scrub - 100%
    Skid - 30%

These are the ones I think matter. ;)
  13. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks

My settings are almost identical to yours and I've never heard those scrubbing sounds before. Oh well, I've pretty much written this sim (and this discussion) off anyway so I'm not too bothered by it anymore.

14. Mach

Just a quick note chaps....just tried all of the adac14 cars at sachsenring...but had to change the engine volume to 30% for couple of them...but easy to do so no bother.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  15. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

thank what brandons getting at.. theres too much faffing about to get this ffb to feel even half right.

Should be okay out of the box or as good as..
    • Like Like x 1