Resource icon

Tracks Road Atlanta (3 seasons) 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello.

I was wondering if you could assist with the following issue I seem to be having with your tracks;

When I select one of your tracks it gets stuck at the loading screen. The red bar doesn't move. I Alt-Tab to the desktop and I see the following message;

Error opening MAS file FALL.MAS

or

Error opening MAS file SPRING.MAS

Its happened while trying to load Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca and Melbourne.

Overall this is an excellent excellent track and the AI behaves extremely well on it. There are only two places I'd note that the AI does something that's not sensible but only one is outright nonsensical.

The first is coming down hill after turn 4 into the esses where the AI taps the brakes rather than simply lifts. Probably not a big deal and hasn't really messed with me much but since the next section can't be passed its a drag on the lap to have to be slightly slower. What probably makes me notice it more is the following one that comes right after.

Coming through the esses to the braking zone for turn 5 the AI will brake twice, once quickly at the rough midpoint of the esses and then again at the main braking zone. This really backs you up and after already being slightly faster coming down the hill right before this section I really find myself losing lots of time not ramming cars. On top of that this leads onto a short straight that's a good passing opportunity so being backed up before this is slightly annoying.

The only other thing I noticed was driving an MR18 and being side by side going into the deep braking zone for 10a and 10b if I was on the inside the outside car would just brake and drift into me like I wasn't there and push me off the road. Not sure if this is MR18 race craft or just a general issue with AMS ai and that corner.

All in all I love it, and that turn 5 braking zone issue is the only glaring issue that could be altered to make this AIW as near as perfect as I think you could need.

I used this map as turn reference btw. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Atlanta#/media/File:Road_Atlanta_track_map.svg

Last edited:
Patrick, if this is the same version as in the Mega-Pack, shouldn't be v1.03 ( that's what it says in Mega Pack readme, for Road Atlanta ) instead of v1.04? People might get confused... like myself :p

Alright, thanks Patrick ;) Just to let you know, in case you didn't noticed, Bathurst in Mega-Pack is v1.02 and standalone Bathurst says v1.03. Altought, when downloaded it's v1.02.
Keep up the good work and can't wait for 911 RSR :thumbsup: Convert F430 / 997 too, please... It's such a great mod...

A recommendation for a slight modification for the future is to remove those yellow obstacles that sit just on the far right of the exit at turn 5. I didn't see anything there during this year's Petit Le Mans and given they're just solid objects they're a real hazard when you run wide.

Thank you Patrick. Very high quality, as usual!!
I tested it just after the RF2 version and yours is winner for sure.
Just one question: I tried to mix GT and Protos (both mods from EEC) and protos are very aggressive when overtake.
I wonder if it's due to the mods (no talent files and made for online races) or the circuit itself. It's bit narrow and maybe doesn't really fit multiclasses offline races.

Patrick Giranthon updated Road Atlanta (3 seasons) with a new update entry:

Single track package of Road Atlanta for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits.
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Patrick Giranthon updated Road Atlanta (3 seasons) with a new update entry:

Grass update and gdb update for real life air temperature, grass fix, flying objects

RAt.2017921121844.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%