Road Atlanta

Tracks Road Atlanta 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey jim,

thank you again for bringing thiss great track to Assetto Corsa. One thing which bothers me is the reverb effect in the wooded section. Imo it is too strong. But again, great track! :D:)
Strange...maybe depending on settings, or car ?
I only get/hear reverb under the bridge, and imo precisely what I would expect.

The difference in the hill crest (which I initially thought was a down hill grading issue) is the biggest thing I noticed between the iR version of RA and this one.

I really love the curb sound effects at Road Atlanta in iR, I can't vouch for how accurate this is to real life at the track although I've encountered this exact same sound in real life while driving.

Last edited:
I checked it out last night and my suspicion was right in that the final crest under the bridge is all wrong on this version. Which is strange as the rest of the track actually lines up pretty well to the data. I may take the time to build a layout from the data and see if my theory can work and I can graft the new layout into the existing track. I also want to build a pre chicane "gravity cavity" to bring back the original Road Atlanta layout. No promises at this point but Road Atlanta was a track I wanted to build. I think the current track is solid enough to warrant the effort to build a new layout.

Since Sat data was used to create this version of Road Atlanta and this section of the track is obscured by the bridge the road surface underneath wouldn't be visible to a satellite. This might explain why the hill crest grade is incorrect and the rest of the track appears to be pretty spot on.

@jim lloyd

If I start a race with a larger grid (say 20) there are always two cars in the left lane (quite at the end of the grid) which do not start and soon retire. Can you reproduce that?

Hi Jim, thx for that great addition to AC, one of my favorite tracks so far.
But could you please check the track for obvious holes in the mesh , especially on the second or third turn.
If you going off the track and hit the grass, your car will falling thru the ground and beamed back to the pitlane.
Thanks in advance

That might also be an issue with the car mod, as it is on the Daytona track mod. Does that happen to a stock Kunos car as well?

@august Oh, that's just the track monster. He lives under the race track. :D

Thank you for bringing this fabulous track to Assetto Corsa. I'm glad to hear that the final crest isn't truly that blind in real life. Even in the sim I find myself holding my breath as I go under that bridge and anticipate the blind drop while at speed. :laugh:

That final crest is even more blind in iracing IIRC.
They are both blind obviously but in iracing and in real life you crest the hill sooner. Under the Bridge should pretty much be the peak of the crest then start to go down right after.

You can see here how the mod layout departs the data before the bridge here.
upload_2017-11-20_22-45-22.png

And this shows just how wrong it is. That post is 27' tall. Yes 27 Feet
upload_2017-11-20_22-46-41.png

Another angle. It doesn't rejoin the data until the top of T2. So that means T1 is wrong too.

upload_2017-11-20_22-50-50.png

Last edited:
Big difference for sure. Both taken while in the shadow of the bridge. AC version on the bottm, the car is still on an incline. iR has peaked and heading downhill

View attachment 223825 View attachment 223826
I know I will sound like a broken record here but this is the primary reason I don't care for old track conversions and also the main reason I went down the path of scratch built. Most old track models I have looked at were not even close to being accurate and accuracy is very important to me. Still going to try making a layout for this at some point.

Well, we got your point and everybody here appreciates a.k.a loves your scratch-made tracks. I think it's fine if I speak for everybody in this particular instance, right? :cool:

However, there's only so many talented and knowledgable folks like you who have the passion and time for building tracks.

Thus, from my point of view I am more than happy to welcome all sorts of converted tracks that got the right amount of love and polish so they no longer look like straight-up conversion anymore.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back