Road Atlanta

Tracks Road Atlanta 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
One cone in turn 3 would be nice... ;)
I renamed the crowd (thanks for the tip), only thing that slightly bothers me is some "flying" cars in the infield after turn 5. Probably invisible on single screen, but on triples...
Anyway, good job, the track looks and feels very good to me.:thumbsup:

Hoping New Hamshire is part of that data. A New Hamshire Road with south oval in Assetto would be a dream come true. Best Roval track there is!!
Don't get too excited yet but yeah there is data.
NHMS.JPG

Sorry for being off topic but this is what I mean. The data is out there for the taking and NOBODY IS USING IT!

ooohhhh thats actually looks fun. does the road course come out of the oval?

Yes it goes outside, with some height differences. It's probably the only non flat roval there is.

In Iracing you can drive it and it's one of the favorite track for the smaller cars (Skip Barber, MX5 etc.) Don't think it is in any other sim do. A shame cause it's a real drivermans circuit.

I checked it out last night and my suspicion was right in that the final crest under the bridge is all wrong on this version. Which is strange as the rest of the track actually lines up pretty well to the data. I may take the time to build a layout from the data and see if my theory can work and I can graft the new layout into the existing track. I also want to build a pre chicane "gravity cavity" to bring back the original Road Atlanta layout. No promises at this point but Road Atlanta was a track I wanted to build. I think the current track is solid enough to warrant the effort to build a new layout.

I checked it out last night and my suspicion was right in that the final crest under the bridge is all wrong on this version. Which is strange as the rest of the track actually lines up pretty well to the data. I may take the time to build a layout from the data and see if my theory can work and I can graft the new layout into the existing track. I also want to build a pre chicane "gravity cavity" to bring back the original Road Atlanta layout. No promises at this point but Road Atlanta was a track I wanted to build. I think the current track is solid enough to warrant the effort to build a new layout.

Would be very good @LilSki :)

Thanks @jim lloyd for the effort and the nice work.

It was just an example and I really could care less what someone else thinks is boring or not. And Aphidgod's response is a joke about a comment some idiot made in the past who eventually got banned.

In any case I think my idea could work and we could actually get accurate tracks and not hand me down inaccurate conversion layouts. Building a new base track on lidar is pretty much the easiest part of track making for those who don't know. The time consuming part is building assets.
would love you to do Jerez de la frontera with lidar

Honestly I would rather test it with RA first. At least to see how accurate it really is. And yes I do have lidar for mosport and many other US tracks. Much of the eastern US is covered in usable lidar data.

As for trees just get Asset Sketcher from blender market and quickly and easily replace all the trees with new correct Y tree models. And if it ain't finished I would consider a 0.8 release number instead of 1.0 but that is a minor thing.
Road america is pretty inacurate, another track would be great to be build with lidar data :D

I checked it out last night and my suspicion was right in that the final crest under the bridge is all wrong on this version. Which is strange as the rest of the track actually lines up pretty well to the data...

Yeah, the crest is way too high. Makes that turn totally blind.
3.jpg

But track looks great otherwise. Looks amazing, really. And I forgot how much I love the layout.

Hey jim,

thank you again for bringing thiss great track to Assetto Corsa. One thing which bothers me is the reverb effect in the wooded section. Imo it is too strong. But again, great track! :D:)

Hey jim,

thank you again for bringing thiss great track to Assetto Corsa. One thing which bothers me is the reverb effect in the wooded section. Imo it is too strong. But again, great track! :D:)
Nice track indeed. I would add two things, texture of the wall is repeating too much and racing line should be placed better and more accurate. Keep up the good work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back