Tracks Riverside International Raceway

Bloody awesome, I didn't think it was possible, not even the official tracks have it?!?
No official stuff does not do this. But I wouldn't be surprised if they start to after this. Just like Brands Hatch magically has horizontal tree shadows that first appeared on Bridgehampton.

It's very simple to do really. It's no different than the regular groove. It is just a different texture. As always it's up to the texture to make it look believable.

So, what's different then to be precise? :redface: I see some black spots (probably rubber debris), but other than that I honestly don't see it.
But I have to say, that groove sure looks awesome!

Nevermind, it's clear now :)

Last edited:
If i don't get it wrong you start driving on a "green" track and then as the grip increases you see the rubber bits appearing.
Indeed it simply works just like the regular groove except I have it get darker faster. It's nothing too special really just adds a little something extra to catch your eye. I am really surprised kunos doesn't do something similar.

We have a blimp! My first "commissioned" work. @Tberg was looking for something to get him back into blender so he asked if he could build anything for me. So he made a blimp!

Position is not final. This was just a test. I think we want it coming over the mountain behind T6.

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_riverside_3-7-116-12-49-29.jpg

Directly no that is not possible. But norbs has a few cams that are from an aerial view in some of the sets already.

Very happy to hear that. I remember that the Nords track by Snoopy had a "helicopter" style cam which was a great way to see the car and the surrounding track from an aerial perspective.

Sooo I recently joined a Riverside facebook group loaded with past drivers and spectators of Riverside. I posted a simple thing to show what i was doing and the flood gates of information opened up. I got told what was right and of course what was wrong. I've been fixing a few details I had wrong such as half of the paddock area was dirt and not paved. Another thing that came of this was I learned RIR had many many different configurations other than the big 3. One in particular I found interesting was one they used to call "The Spike". Norbs is going to be mad that there is another layout to do cams for but he will be happy to know it is another layout that skips turn 8.

Here is a video I made quick showing the new layout. I haven't made a groove yet as it was just for testing to see if I liked it. Also I have a redneck triple screen setup now so the video is super wide screen. May have to switch back to single for recording purposes.

Sooo I recently joined a Riverside facebook group loaded with past drivers and spectators of Riverside. I posted a simple thing to show what i was doing and the flood gates of information opened up. I got told what was right and of course what was wrong. I've been fixing a few details I had wrong such as half of the paddock area was dirt and not paved. Another thing that came of this was I learned RIR had many many different configurations other than the big 3. One in particular I found interesting was one they used to call "The Spike". Norbs is going to be mad that there is another layout to do cams for but he will be happy to know it is another layout that skips turn 8.

Here is a video I made quick showing the new layout. I haven't made a groove yet as it was just for testing to see if I liked it. Also I have a redneck triple screen setup now so the video is super wide screen. May have to switch back to single for recording purposes.

That's wicked man. Kick a**. The Spike layout looks fun. They were polite on the FB group I hope! Any former drivers comment? Any of them drive AC?

That's wicked man. Kick a**. The Spike layout looks fun. They were polite on the FB group I hope! Any former drivers comment? Any of them drive AC?
Overall the response has been very positive! The main things they brought up were simply things I had planned but haven't gotten to yet. So far only one guy actually drives AC and we have talked in the past on another forum so he was aware of the project and has been very positive about it.

Last edited:
I really like that video from triple screens, looks beautiful, original. Like good movies use similar format. Also shows more of this great mod.
Yeah I wasn't sure at first but I kinda like it. I run a tight FOV so a single screen recording gives super tunnel vision.

Small update here. Been working out many of the fine details and trying to get all the modeling done. I still have two more vehicles to make then I can move onto people around paddock and corner workers.

Here you can see the proper road paving found in T6 and T7. They patched T6 many different times through the 80s but this is how it was around 86-88.

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-7-116-9-29-11.jpg
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-7-116-9-32-7.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-7-116-9-33-39.jpg

Here is the "drag strip" bleachers. It is hard to determine if these were actually there in 1988 but I know for sure they were there in 1987 as I can see it in the 1987 Nascar Bud 400 video. That dark spot in the sand is where the "drag tower" will be. You can also see the north part of the paddock is now dirt which is one of the details the guys on the facebook group picked out that was wrong before.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-7-116-9-35-26.jpg

EDIT: I almost forgot that @Tberg has finished the blimp!
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f138_riverside_19-7-116-0-41-14.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%