1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rise/fall sensitivity issue

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by FiftyOrange, Dec 21, 2010.

1. When I set the rise/fall sensitivity in the advanced controls menu to reduce steering jerkiness (with generic USB joy-pad controller) it sticks the Steer Left contol to the on/right position, and the wheels of the car in-game are permanently turned either left, or right when I steer right. If I reset the Steer Left control, it works fine, but if I try to use the rise/fall sensitivity slider things, the Check for the control indicates that it's stuck on again.

2. Try setting it in the contol file in the control folder.
  3. Okay, I've tried that, and it's more confusing.

If I set Steer Left to a different button, it all works fine.

If I set everything up correctly in the control file (using a dead spot in the axis, so that it doesn't assume that no steer right means steer left) then it still flicks between on and off, with no rise/fall smoothness. But, if I click Analog, it does have the rise/fall sensitivity, but it's also stuck in the on position again.
  4. My harsh answer would be: get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer

My kind answer would be : get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer

I alternate between a mouse and a DFP (when I can wrestle it off the kids PC & PS3), I just CANNOT set laptimes with a mouse (or decent joystick) anywhere near what I can with the DFP & the new feedback settings.

Just looked, for example best on Mugello I've done in the same car (TCI-BMW M3) with mouse or joystick is 2:42, with DFP 2:16

Really, get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer you won't regret it. Promise.
  5. KS95

RACER Moderator

The Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel is another possibility, it's quite cheap but it has 3 pedals, a H-shifter and 900 degree wheel. I doubt that you have problems affording something better though, eh? :tongue:
  6. Stereo

Premium Member

They've got the pedals on different axes by now, right? That was a huge disappointment for me when I tried a wheel about half a decade ago...