Riley to build LMP3 car

The new for 2015 LMP3 series appears to be growing in momentum every month as more teams and constructers announce their plans in the series. Today the American company Riley announced it's plans for an LMP3 contender in conjunction with Ave motorsport.

The LMP3 car will be known as the Riley AR-2 and is the third constructer to build an LMP3 racer alongside Ginetta Juno and LAS Engineering. Riley and Ave motorsport have collaborated before with Ave motorsport acquiring a Riley design several years ago and turning it into a Trans-Am winner known as the AR-1.

Riley LMP3.jpg

Ave motorsport team owner Tony Ave stated on the announcement "I am looking forward to my next project working with Riley-designed cars, The relationship has been the foundation of Ave Motorsports from the beginning, during the Oldsmobile Pro Series days, through the resurgence of Trans Am where we have won four of the last five championships and have produced 17 customer cars in recent years. Their involvement with our projects always goes past the design stage, with great interaction between the companies over the long haul."

The Riley Technology crew is led by Bob and Bill Riley and Bill gave his thoughts on the announcement "When the ACO announced the LMP3 we were very excited, After going through the rules, and having the car start to transform from design into reality, I think the ACO hit their marks for a great car. The concept design and engineering is being headed up by Bob Riley with Garrett Brady taking the lead on the mechanical design and body.”

This latest announcement only adds to the growing prestige the new LMP3 category is developing, with this latest announcement adding a new American influence on the series, which could lead to a LMP3 class within the premier Tudor United Sportscar Championship in the future.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%