• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Ride high

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by wozdecky, Sep 19, 2017.

1. wozdecky

wozdecky

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Can someone explain me how will I know or will recognize too low ride heigh?

Thx,

2. Mike Davies

Mike Davies
    Racers In Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +417
    if the car is scraping on the ground, you are too low

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. wozdecky

wozdecky

Ratings:
    +1
    I know that. But how will I recognize it I try highest and lowest setups on diferent tracks an theres no anny sparks behind me?

4. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +199
    There are several ways ..if the bottom is catching you should feel it (assuming u have FFB) even without FFB you should hear it ...or select an outside view of your replay and look out for sparks ...or use a telemetry software ..

• Like Like x 1
  5. wozdecky

wozdecky

Ratings:
    +1
    Thx. Must say that I try with outside wiew and there's no sparks at all.

6. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,263
    @wozdecky depending on the track if you attack the kerbs a bit too hard the car will lose traction in a weird/instant way.
    ex: Bathurst top of the hill the S-es( the left downhill), if the car is too low the nose will scrape and you will have understeer
    Zolder, first chicane if you lose the rear while coasting or right on the middle of the kerbs might be car too low again
    At least that is my method

• Like Like x 1
  7. felan

felan

Ratings:
    +2
    Do we have a working telemetry software for R3E?

8. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +199
    @felan ...yes there is and its actually very good, sadly though its not free, however you do get a lot for your money.

here

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. felan

felan

Ratings:
    +2
    nice...thx for the link!

10. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    "That's ridicurous" Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    That looks pretty cool. I've been looking for a proper telemetry app for R3E for quite some time. However, while looking at the screenshots, the telemetry info for suspension travel seems very limited... I wonder if it's an issue with R3E that doesn't share everything or has limited info on some data (ex: unless they've changed it, I don't think the game has different tire temp values for I/M/O). I guess I'll have to check out the demo, but it looks promising. Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +199
    @Patrick Fournier ..I have been using it for R3E for sometime now and do find it to be very good. Not had any issues with the Telemetry app reference the points you have raised, but then you may have far more knowledge than me ...so what is OK for me, may indeed fall short for you. As for sharing you are very welcome :thumbsup:

12. Karvon26

Karvon26
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    • Like Like x 1