1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured RIDE demo available today on PC and Playstation 4

Discussion in 'RIDE' started by Alex Franchini, Mar 18, 2015.

1. ride-videogame.jpg
    Italian developers Milestone have published a demo for their upcoming motorcycle game RIDE.

The demo weighs 5.2GB on Steam (the actual download size is 4.1GB) and features three different bikes and a single track (Sierra Nevada).

You can try RIDE in the Quick Race mode, but it's also possible to sample the game's motorcycle customization features - though it's not clear how deep this feature will go in the demo.

Ride will be available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on march 27.

Check out the trailer for the Ride demo in the RD media gallery by clicking here.

Are you going to try it? Let us know your demo impressions in the comments below.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Well I'm up for trying it! Motorbikes aren't really my thing, so I may be slighly biased against it ;)

EDIT: Can't find it on Steam at all.
  3. I just typed 'Ride' in the search box and it was the third or fourth link down. I'm also genrally more of a fan of four wheels but this game may be the exception as it looks very promising at a glance.
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

I played some of the early MotoGP titles. I've fallen away from it over the past few years. It will be nice to see another take on the genre as neither MotoGP or SBK have really done it for me since the early days.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

Ah found it now. Couldn't find it earlier though, I swear it wasn't there... Maybe I'm just blind. Which doesn't bode well for the track :thumbsdown:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. this demo will not run properly,ive dialed the settings to the lowest and its laggy as hell,which is a shame because the handling seems like like it might be pretty good.
  7. I'll give Milestone another go - didn't care for MotoGP '14 as it ran rather poorly on my PC - already seeing the same 'how to I get this to run above 30fps?' in the Steam forums which makes me a little nervous.
  8. panande

Premium Member

Well its typical Milestone. Doing something very good in a very bad way.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Guess I won't bother with it.
  10. Dan Allen

Dan Allen

Nah, I'm not too impressed either. I got to be honest, all motorbike games are nasty IMO. I don't like the fact that the front and rear brakes are controlled independently. The steering isn't nice either.

Also, it is *very* laggy. It's almost unplayable.

Maybe we should write an open letter to Milestone with our issues?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 2
  11. Motorbikes games are like a cars game with a pad, but worse.

Controller is what makes all them bad and mostly unplayable for me.
  12. Looks interesting to me. I've got nothing against Milestone. My enjoyment of watching MotoGP races on TV is the reason I bought MotoGP 14 and I've had some really good times racing the AI in it. I found the close racing while in cockpit view to be pretty intense. I picked up MXGP not too long ago in a Steam sale and had gobs of fun with that, too. (Using cockpit view with an Xbox 360 pad on the pc.) Plus, the replays just looked fantastic.

So yeah, I might give this a try, too. We'll see.
  13. I have SBK Generations, and what that game does well is the realistic experience (if toggled). You crash in qualy, you miss 40 mins to fix the bike or you're too injured to continue. I like the interaction with the engineer and the format of the weekends. I play it with a gamepad since it seems really odd to play a bike game with wheel. Bikes are the oddest thing to model digitally it seems, its such a physical, sensory activity. Even if they made handlebars, it would be odd sitting in a desk chair with handlebars in your hands.

That being said, I might set up my wheel for this later. It was okay to play. The tracks are more NFS than SBK, so they'll be harder to learn and things will seem more difficult, so some people will say it feels wrong. I am looking forward to the fanboy bike experience, revering famous brands and bikes. I like the WRC series and the SBK series, I don't think Milestone deserves so bad a rep. The game has stutters for me, but I tried it full detail at 1440p, so I assumed I was overreaching. It was FAR from unplayable, though.
  14. I was playing on semi pro realism with low TCS, low anti wheelie + no auto brakes but still joint brakes and found the racing pretty good. I didn't experience any lag but the game did take a while to get used to. Probably cause motorcycles.
  15. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Tried it on PS4. Looks nice, but the handling is not quite there. MotoGP14 handles better.
  16. where download it ?
  17. Its playable but the steering just feels really slow. The rider is very slow to transition from turning one direction to the other and often it takes forever it seems for the rider to lean into a full turn. I'm not sure if they're trying to simulate inertia from the bike but it doesn't feel that way, just feels very slow.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. good graphics......wish they would add full controller support for final game release.....we'll see....:)
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  19. Ride should be a good game. I learned with the other latest Motogp games from milestone , that on a 60hz monitor you need to sort the Vertical Sync out . For me I use the adaptive mode in the driver and also turn it on to full v sync in the game settings. This has eliminated most if not all the lag and graphic problems. Most of the other graphic card settings are not really affecting it too much.
    I have pumped the demo resolution right up way over 1080p and still get good frame rates even with 8x antialiasing .
    My rig is no slouch though. (Gtx titan etc.) just shows though ,the game is optimised.
    Now ..... if only they would put a TL1000s in one of the DLC's :D.......:whistling:
  20. Is there a 360 demo of it available?