Ride 2 - Superbikes of Yesteryear

RIDE 2 Ride 2 - Superbikes of Yesteryear 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Aaron Smythe submitted a new resource:

Ride 2 - Superbikes of Yesteryear - Ride 2 power handeling and replica Mod

View attachment 215179 View attachment 215180 View attachment 215181 View attachment 215182 View attachment 215183 View attachment 215184 Here is the first Version of 'Superbikes of Yesteryear' . A modification for Ride 2 .

There are six different Bikes from the 1990s superbike era .

Ducati 955 SPS , Bimota SB8k ,Yamaha R7 (Haga), Suzuki GSXR 750 (srad) , Kawasaki ZX7RR , and the Honda Castrol RC45.

All of these bikes are lighter , some have a bit...

Read more about this resource...

INSTALL - Extract Rar
You will see in the main folder all the names of the bikes , physics folder and DB_VEHICLEELABERATIONFILTERS.BML and DB_VEHICLES.BML

O.k , lets start with the skins .
In each named folder for each bike is ' the chassis number ' (eg. CHASSIS_035)
Now , using Mix File Remixer navigate to the chassis in RIDE 2/Bikes/Chassis/chassis_035mixfile ... for example .
Chassis 035 would be the Bimota .
Extract the 'Chassis Mixfile to the desktop or wherever you are working with the files.
Once extracted you should see the extracted file as a 'Bikes' Folder .
BIKES/CHASSIS/CHASSIS_035/PICTURES/Chassis_001_D.DDS
Copying and pasting the Modded DDS File over the extracted folder DDS file will modify the bike Skin .
Once pasted/copied over you need to use File Remixer to mix back over to RIDE 2/Bikes/Chassis/chassis_035 . (the same place as from where you extracted it )

You will need to do each bike separately from the knowledge I have .

Physics -
In the Extracted 'Superbikes of Yesteryear' Folder you will see a PHYSICS folder .
Using again 'File Remixer Programme extract from the Main Ride 2 Folder (installed Ride 2) The 'DATA' mixer File . Extract this to your desktop or wherever you are working with it.
Navigate through the extracted DATA folder to DATA/PHYSICS/VEHICLES/PLAYER DATA ..... you will then see all the Bike brand names . Go in to each brand manufacturer of each modded bike (you will see in the modded physics folder each of the six superbikes , they will be .BML files . Copy and paste these into the corresponding brand names ...eg in DUCATI you would put the 916.BML file into.
This gives the bikes the new power light weight etc.

Now before remixing the DATA folder back up into ride 2 we might as well deal with the DB_ files .

In the Extracted DATA mixfile that has become a DATA folder on your desktop or whatever you work on . Go in again and you will see DATA/DB
Paste the DB_VEHICLES.BML file from the 'Superbikes of yesteryear ' folder into 'DATA/DB'
We are then left with just the DB_VEHICLEELABORATIONFILTERS.BML in the Superbikes yesteryear folder .
This Last BML file goes pasted into DATA/DB/PLAYERPROFILE
Once this has been pasted over you will be ready to just remix back into the main install RIDE 2 Folder , back into its DATA mixfile .

All go . I will add more info/stuff later as am out of time ;-)

Thought I would just put it out there .
Put your suggestions on this thread of what bikes you would like to see added .
This might give me some inspiration to do some more on this ;-) (please if possible post some pictures as this too will help ;-)

A few have suggested Carl Foggarty's 996 etc .
Others I have thought of are - Foggy's Rc35 800cc isle of man tt racer , Peter Goddards RSV1000 , Frankie Chilies - Gsxr 750 , Collin Edwards Vtr 1000 , ......

Thanks

Last edited:
Greg Hansford's, Barry Ditchburn's and Mick Grant's KR750 2-stroke water-cooled triples circa 1977/78 ;) I love the iconic noise and the timeless look of these screaming "kwackers".. That's the classic content I would like..with maybe Barry Sheene's and Pat Hennan's RG680cc square four suzukis from the same era.. I'm an old fashioned girl at heart. ;) p.s. and Kenny Roberts' yamaha team America and Steve Baker's ow31 750cc yamahas for good measure..
(Milestone are unlikely to do much in this sort of direction I think tbh..short term "buck" seems to be the priority with our Italian friends. Sadly)

Greg Hansford's, Barry Ditchburn's and Mick Grant's KR750 2-stroke water-cooled triples circa 1977/78 ;) I love the iconic noise and the timeless look of these screaming "kwackers".. That's the classic content I would like..with maybe Barry Sheene's and Pat Hennan's RG680cc square four suzukis from the same era.. I'm an old fashioned girl at heart. ;) p.s. and Kenny Roberts' yamaha team America and Steve Baker's ow31 750cc yamahas for good measure..
(Milestone are unlikely to do much in this sort of direction I think tbh..short term "buck" seems to be the priority with our Italian friends. Sadly)
"I'm an old fashioned girl at heart" yep , when they had real bikes ;) . yes Modding the half litre 2 strokes bikes is a good idea . Some of the older bikes just feel a bit lifeless and need to have a more ragged edge .

"I'm an old fashioned girl at heart" yep , when they had real bikes ;) . yes Modding the half litre 2 strokes bikes is a good idea . Some of the older bikes just feel a bit lifeless and need to have a more ragged edge .

I have to agree with you. Milestone 2-stroke gp500 physics imho is pretty awful (to say the least) and most defintely "lifeless". It bears no resemblance to a real life gp500 that's for sure. I've ridden a friend's classic RG500 racer and "lifeless" is not a word that springs to mind..

For me gp500 by Melbourne House is light years ahead of Milestone's interpretation of 2-stroke 500cc grand prix physics. And that was created in 1999..

I think what is really needed is for the modders to get hold of this and try to sharpen things up a bit. Waiting for Milestone is akin to waiting patiently for death..some would say.. ;)

hi, why not put all the modified and ready to install files for the less experienced? so just overwrite the files and you're done, thank you very much

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%