RichardBurnsRally.ini settings

Having read the thread in the add ons area about Fixup.dll and its settings .ini file I decided to revisit my RichardBurnsRally.ini settings file and saw a few things in there I thought might enhance my game but wanted to check I wasn't going to screw anything up first before editing it.

These are my current RichardBurnsRally.ini settings

[Settings]
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = true
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 2560
YRes = 1440

I'm wondering if changing the line "UseEAX = false" to true will give me better sound quality and whether changing "UseTripleScreenBuffers = false" to true will help with better graphics quality?

Any other settings that any of you RBR gurus could advise on you think need changing by all means please feel free to pass them on.

Cheers Al

Turning EAX on will give you a (slightly) more immersive aural environment provided your soundcard/onboard chip can process EAX (it'd have to be REAL old not to!) . It used to cause framerate problems when the game first released but I seriously doubt it's a problem any more.

Triple buffering is enabled in my profile & there's never been an issue, though I doubt you'll notice any difference as today's hardware is significantly faster.

EDIT: OK, just verified this:
TripleBuffering is not being read, the same goes with ConstantForceMultiplier. So, both of them are not used.

If you set useSoftwareAudio=true, the useEAX setting is ignored.

The WaitRetrace parameter definitely is not being used at all. I bet that this parameter initially was planned to set the v-sync mode for the screen, as the name lets suspect. Fortunately we have FixUp to do this job.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back