Richard Burns Rally

P

pauliebhoy

• pauliebhoy

I got it when it 1st came out and i've never looked back. This to me is a truely awsome sim, i don't think it will ever be beaten for the hardcore game that it is.

fwiw... a frien' of mine brought(sneaked) his xbox to my house one night, and i said to him "you ain't gonna plug that thing in here are ya'" he said "it's cool i've brought RBR Rally with me" i said "oh that's ok then - on ye go" lol.
And i did find that with all settings set to simulation, you'd be hard pushed to find any differences in handling between the xbox and pc version.

When warthog put that sim on the xbox, they left it unadulterated...
but i still would'nt have an xbox in the house lol. Maybe a 360 if RBR2 came out but that would be about it...

I keep getting registry errors when trying to install the updates on my Vista 64 bit.
Has anybody else got this problem. Otherwise i must try some miracle to download it again.

What does it say when you try the updates?

If its the simple matter that the game has no registry keys ill upload my ones, then all you would need to do is just change the game directory in them.

Here arew the problems i am getting whilst the instalation is going:
Error1.jpg

The other one is:
Error2.jpg

After i ignored these the first time i double clicked on RSCenter and that does not even open. Winodws bring up a ".....has stopped working" error.
So far not so good for me with RBR. The only way to fix is to uninstall and re-install all ver again.
Obviously i will wait gfor you first James

Thanks, Cheers
Craig

Only got the first one so long and it gives me dmp files each time i try to start. Tried d/l the second one from megaupload but it just keeps stopping. took 12 hours to download that one :( Will go search for other links

Re-downloaded the 2nd update and got the 3rd on too. But still the same prblem.
I need a fix it seems with those 2 files. RBR does not start up at all.
And for some reason the addon manager thiings has an X through the middle button.
Not sure what that means or is :(

Craig the update seems to be made by someone unofficial because it install with some funny profile name and even then i found you gotta remove half the link when installing else it wont extract

The reason for the odd profile name is because it unlocks all the cars and stages. If you didn't use it you would only be able to use a couple of cars and stages despite having the RSRBR09 mod.

Service Pack 2 is currently in Beta, but will become a full release in the not too distant future. SP1 is not a beta and is a full release.

Service packs contain all the required updates and bug fixes up to a fixed point in developement. Giving the devs and users a new fixed standard with which to work from.

Think of it like getting mods for rFactor. You get V1.0 but it has bugs, They release V1.1 to address some bugs and you just paste it over the top. You do the same with V1.2. Later they make changes to the physics, which means a fresh install is required, delete the old folder and start fresh from a new reference point or V2.0 as it would probably be called (SP1 in MS cases).

Once a service pack is released all the versions of the system windows sell will come already at the latest. ie. if you buy XP it should be SP3.

If you want to get SP2 you can get it from MS
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/dd262148.aspx

If you do install it please make sure to read the release notes and known issues. there are a nukmber of programs that require an update PRIOR to installation to make sure they run correctly afterwards.

And an FAQ about it here
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335038.aspx

Yep Peter, RBR takes a lot of patience. Rallying is a totally different style of driving, and RBR is extremely difficult compared to other rally "sims" out there.
With lots of practice it can be a lot of fun and rewarding when you pull of a good stage time. At least you only get to wreck yourself, not other on-line drivers though. :rotfl:

Well, while my Thrustmaster wheel is broke all the time and am still waiting for the new Fanatec wheel to get complete and sent to me, I brought RBR in the hope it would work with an xbox controller ( old one and 360 version ) But to my dissapointment I cannot get it setup correcty whatever I do.

Help?

I never had an Xbox controller so I can't help, sorry:(

Just wanted to say I love this game! Really I had many rally games before but none of them were even half as exciting as this!:)
Unlocked the Hyundai today and I like that car very much, it looks very good to me, and drives very well, I do similar stage times I did in the Corolla! And I'm slower in the Subaru:D

Oh, and the stages at Japan are amazing! Never saw this much detail in any game!:) Also like the road surfaces overall in the whole game!

• Andrew Evans

are you playing the original or the community updated version they had on srt the other episode?

i've been tempted to get this since seeing that review..... :D

peter this game is the best simulator i ever played. it took me many many houres and days to realy control the cars and then had great fun. the best stages are in japan and of course the snow and joux in spain. btw did you try the stage in australia,minesaft i think , with the very scary jump?
as far as getting faster ufter a lot of practice i got a collection of very good set up i dowloaded from diffrent places and tweaked them a beat. i still have the folder of this set ups althogh didnt play the game for a very long time, i don't know how to upload them here but if you or anyone else wants i can send you the setups to your pm
cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back