rfm file help

Hello!
I am very new to Rfactor 2, and i was wondering how i can install a rfm file such as the one that comes with the Stock Car download. I see the folder yet im not sure if i just paste the file there and it will start working.

thanks for any help!

Select the Stock Car RaceEvent and enable the stock car plugin. (Don't forget to turn it off for normal races)

The Stock Car RaceEvent contains the rfm file you want. :)
Each RaceEvent contains the appropriate rfm rules for each series.

Leagues, server admins can create a custom RaceEvent with a custom rfm file to setup a server. Each time you join a server you'll download the servers RaceEvent.
You can select those server RaceEvents in offline mode too, for practice or fun offline races with the same cars, track and rfm race rules...
You can also create your own RaceEvent with a custom rfm if you want. There is a manual on steam...

So basicly: You choose the rfm file you want, by selecting a RaceEvent.

Note: With rFactor 2 you should not copy any files or change any files into the rFactor2 core folder. It will not work or cause trouble... ;)

Packages folder:
Only copy files into the packages folder.(containing RaceEvent packages "rfmod files", car and track packages "rfcmp files")
No other files!!!
Install, uninstall, delete them via the launcher.
If you download cars, tracks and RaceEvents via a server or via the remote content... The packages will download into your package folder.

Only change files in the UserData folder... Do a research before you do... :whistling:

If rF2 doesn't do what it supose to do... The error will be probably in your UserData folder...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back