• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RFDYNHUD is crashing GSC

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Conny Naslund, May 25, 2012.

1. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +49
    As I could not see the start lights from pole position on the grid I have tried to install rfdynhud to get the widgets I want. All goes well, until I enter the track, then GSC crashes.

I have renamed the rfactor.exe to GSC.exe in rfdynhud.ini
    copied the d3d9.dll to the GSC folder
    Added the lights widget and saved it. I could not do "save as" though.

What am I missing?

2. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    You don't say it, but I assume you copied the rest into the plugins folder? (the rfdynhud folder and the rfdynhud.dll)

3. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +49
    Found the issue. I must turn off the original hud it seems like

4. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +49
    Next issue, I'm using 3 monitors, but it seems the hud is not working well with it as I cannot get the widgets to stay as I place them in the editor. If I place them on the far left moitor, then it still show in the center monitors left side only. And I cannot put anything in the center monitor in the editor.

5. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +598
    Thats strange, but it might be because of memory overload. So when you turn off one or two other features, rfdynhud works ok. I think this happened to me at one point as well.

What resolution are you running? I also have 3 monitors, 5760 x 1080, so if you can't get it working I may be able to help with my config files.

6. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +49
    Running 6048x1080 (bezel compensated)
    I tried Rickards , who also have eyefinity and it had the same problem.
    Can it be that I'm running multiview?
    Anyhow, it's not a big deal as I was mostly ot for the startlights. I cannot see them from poleposition on the Monaco GP circuit. I don't want the view cluttered with lots of widgets, so I just let that be and removed most of the others.