Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

regards parc ferme settings, i think thats a problem at my end, ive just noticed that all the changes i saved have been defaulted in the plr, it wont save at all for some reason, ive even changed setting then set it to read only yet as soon as i start the game it changes back to normal and defaults the settings, its quite funny because for the last few weeks my graphics settings need reset everytime i go on the game so thats a problem i need to sort out, once i have parc ferme should be easy to turn off :thumbsup:

what id like is that all the real life things that are available to us in rf2 get used, i.e formation lap, parc ferme, speed limiter, all these things would add a great deal of realism and im all for that, as others have said these tests are a good way to get everyone used to that.

like tim i think we will have loads of fun with rf2 in future, but for now its back to melbourne practise for race07 :)
If you have Win7 there are hidden places where your files or registry changes can be saved. Have you checked in "C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"?

Do you think we will be able to do the whole race on one tank Tim?

110L will be enough on any track for up to ~70 minutes

I will also make the case in future for mechancal failures. Since the cause for the 2 failure-types (engine and brakes) can nicely be controlled by the player without much randomness in my experience. And this gives the brake-duct and the engine-radiator settings a proper meaning ;)

Speed-limiter should be a no brainer and parc-ferme I'm neutral about :)

If you have Win7 there are hidden places where your files or registry changes can be saved. Have you checked in "C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"?

aint got anything at all in virtualstore :( theres a .rfactor folder in appdata/roaming but thats just name files and stuff.

think my best bet is to wipe it and start again, ive not had a reinstal for 2 builds now only used the autoupdate in the launcher, maybe its caused problems with my cfgs.

110L will be enough on any track for up to ~70 minutes

I will also make the case in future for mechancal failures. Since the cause for the 2 failure-types (engine and brakes) can nicely be controlled by the player without much randomness in my experience. And this gives the brake-duct and the engine-radiator settings a proper meaning ;)

Speed-limiter should be a no brainer and parc-ferme I'm neutral about :)
I really do like the mechanical failures. VWSR@Mills was really interesting as to the end several drivers suffered from brake problems due to aggressive duct settings and brake usage. As we are using offical ISI content these failures are well implemented.

I enjoyed the race and the driving of the car for 19 laps . .

Pitting was a bit of guessing, there was no metered sign to direct the driver to the pit box as in race07 , but that was solved by walking up and down the pit lane until I noticed a higlighted area on the ground showing the spot where to stop :rolleyes: .

2 laps after I pitted something happened to Valter and a huge message popped up on the left corner of the screen the moment when i was flat out on turn 8- 9 , my eye wondered there for a split second but that was enough to send me right into the wall :geek:, ( do not worry Valter it was not your fault :))

Thank you David for organising this race , was good fun:thumbsup:

I enjoyed the race and the driving of the car for 19 laps . .

Pitting was a bit of guessing, there was no metered sign to direct the driver to the pit box as in race07 , but that was solved by walking up and down the pit lane until I noticed a higlighted area on the ground showing the spot where to stop :rolleyes: .

2 laps after I pitted something happened to Valter and a huge message popped up on the left corner of the screen the moment when i was flat out on turn 8- 9 , my eye wondered there for a split second but that was enough to send me right into the wall :geek:, ( do not worry Valter it was not your fault :))

Thank you David for organising this race , was good fun:thumbsup:
Please forgive me Anthony! I left the game. Next time if I crash out I will stay on.

Hi guys, so tomorrows race should happen like this......

7:00pm GMT - Practise
8:00pm GMT - Qualifying
8:20pm GMT - Warmup
8:30pm GMT - Formation Lap + Race

All Times UK

Race Length - 65mins
Parc Ferme - Off
Mechanical Failures - On (Time Scaled)
Fuel Usage - Normal
Tyre Wear - Normal
Flags - Off

Anything else ive forgotten?

Hope to see a few of you there to make it worthwhile :)

Yea I crashed out too lol sorry for the damage David I had only just stopped spinning then looked and you were spinning in my mirrors. Had great fun though and seems to be a good base game. just need more practice on long runs in these cars. have you thought about GT cars for the league? I'm good in them:devilish:;) only joking.
I crashed heavy into T14 also gave the marshals lots to do lol

how would the tires last the entire race???? my front right had 30% left on lap 15 !!!! i had no front grip at all, and for the rest of the tires I had 67% grip left !! ...(I used your setup David).

after I pitted for fresh tires I came out and pushed a bit on cold tires and broke the front wing, I pitted again for repair then 4 laps later I lost concentration and hit the rear tire and broke the suspension. dnf.
nice to drive these cars but man cant blink at all, one need to stay AWAKE for the entire race :D

Thanks David for setup and race :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back