1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rFactor2 hosting and accuforce ffb problem

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Bez, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Im hoping someone with an accuforce might of solved this problem, whenever i host a server i get only the basic game ffb when i join the server, if im not hosting i can join a server and get all the enhanced ffb from the accuforce, i suspect its because im running an element of the launcher so its seeing that as the game and getting no data from it??

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Does the accuforce use a plugin?

If you run a dedicated server (host) it makes use off plugins in your rF2 install
    If run rF2 to join your server the plugin might not be accessible. (Just a thought)

In that case a separate install for hosting might help. (just a lite install + the content you are using)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Yeah the accuforce has to use a plugin in the rfactor directory, would I need to buy a second copy as I'm now using the steam version of the game?

4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'll go halves with you If you need to buy a second copy as I'll benefit If you can get it all working.

5. That is probably a very good suggestion. At the same time you can ask the people behind Accuforce to come up with a better solution for this issue. They should be able to detect that they're running in a dedicated server and not do anything.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Nope, with 1 license you can have as many installs on your PC as you want. :)

Non Steam: just install a rF2 lite (any build) in a different folder.

Steam: you can create a second install from your current install.

• Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

just copy the entire folder to another location @Gijs van Elderen ? (steam install)

Edit: That worked Gijs, brilliant, its a bit clunky manually launching but once i got both versions doing what they should be doing it worked perfectly.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1