PrestoGP rFactor2 Help Thread

Hi everyone,

I have many problems with rf2 and i really find it hard to understand, so any help will be much appreciated.

- I download David's vmod for prestogp (renault 2014, and 3 tracks). Seeing i was missing the car and all 3 tracks in the manage mods, i went and download them all, dropped them in documents/rfactor2/packages. so far so good.
- I went in the manage mods and install them all, still good.
- I start the game and see the Prestogp series but no cars in it?!?!??
- When i go in "vehicule" i dont see the renault 2014 either.
- Then i thought, maybe i should look for game update, indeed there was some update version, so i click on it and a sync manager window opens to remove and add a lot of files.
rf2 missing file.JPG

- After updating i could not start the game cos i was missing some msvcp110.dll file. Said to me, try to re-install the game to fix the problem, so i did,
- Re-install completed but still missing the renault 2014 cars, still on build 382. Once again try the update and same problem happen. SO i uninstalled and re-installed once more.
- Other thing, in "online race" i only see 2 servers there... really don't understand that!

There i am with no renault 2014 in the game but well installed in manage mod, no servers to race on, missing files after each time i try to update the game..... siiiiiiiiiigggghhh

Am i too stupid or is this game is a real pain to make work??

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Hey Steeve, I'm no expert but the fact that you are on build 382 is a problem. I think you should delete everything (though keep your packages folder backed up somewhere) then download the latest build 860 (light version will do). Start fresh and everything should be good. Delete your build 382 install file. Hope that helps.

I progress a lot in setting up the ffb using your links. But there is a a lot of work to do to find the best "steering torque minimum". Found mine at 0.17800 (17.8%). I'm using a G27 btw. Think i'm ready to practice driving, after some help in car setup.

Thanks for making up this thread David! :thumbsup:

The new demo now has fr 3.5 2014 and corvette at Silverstone instead on Civic.

You can use the real degrees for the car Steeve are untick it and use whatever degrees you want personally, remember though if lower degrees you have to alter steering lock in car setup.

Steeve the posts you made in the Rf2 explained thread will deleted just to keep that thread clean, We'll use this thread you made as our Official help thread if thats fine with you? so if anyone has anything they want to ask then ask in here and we can keep bumping this to the top :thumbsup:

Regards the steering lock Steeve, Sean is right, you don't have to use the degrees provided with the car, you can tick the box and it will set the car to the actual steering degrees that car has then you make changes to the steering lock in the setup options, or you can untick the box and use your own steering degrees for the car which doesn't have to match your logitech profiler, then use steering lock in setup to get the feel you want.

I think to get it feeling more like R07 I have my logitech profiler set to 270 degrees with the box ticked to allow game to adjust, then ingame i have vehicle set unticked and degrees set to 420, I then use roughly 16-20 lock, this is dependant on what you feel though.

I progress a lot in setting up the ffb using your links. But there is a a lot of work to do to find the best "steering torque minimum". Found mine at 0.17800 (17.8%). I'm using a G27 btw. Think i'm ready to practice driving, after some help in car setup.

Thanks for making up this thread David! :thumbsup:

Hey, I woudn't go to high with steering torque minimum though. 17,8% sounds very very high. You also need to differenciate between lower forces ad if you have 17% constant force there in every situation that can get lost.

No setup tips at the moment from me Steeve, especially with Formula ISI, I've hardly done anything with them yet so aint got a clue where to start, The Formula Renault3.5 are much easier to setup I think and alot more forgiving a car to drive but I thought it be fun to try what their doing in real life right now so..... :)

I installed the trackmap today. This thing gives a lot of info and is really nice. Only thing is, it keeps blinking every second, and that's very anoying. Anyone knows how to fix that?

Thanks

Edit: Its ok in single player mode. But it blinks on prestogp server.

Last edited:
I installed the trackmap today. This thing gives a lot of info and is really nice. Only thing is, it keeps blinking every second, and that's very anoying. Anyone knows how to fix that?

Thanks

Edit: Its ok in single player mode. But it blinks on prestogp server.

The blinking can be stopped by enabling the inGame frame-counter.
Just press Ctrl+F.
That's a track specific thing, for example in Sebring this will also happen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%