rFactor-Wireless Net

• Thread starter Darren Jason O'Brien
  • Start date
D

Darren Jason O'Brien

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Due to Crap Ass Sales Service and Bumb ass Sale Reps, we recently bought a new house and was told by the Telephone company here in Australia that we have ADSL2 bla bla bla.....
Well we dont even have Internet we were told later....(AARRGGHH).........

So have to go wireless-for how long, no one knows...........So Im asking if anyone on rFactor plays online with Wireless and if so whats it like etc.......

Id like to buy rFactor for the V8 Series/Cars and Tracks and apparently the Graphics r better as well than Race07/Evo.......

I guess time will tell once we move into the house if the Wireless is any good. Im getting a new Pc,

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Sorry I should have said: Its wireless through the Phone Network with the dongle setup, Apparently some here in Australia do use this without problems, but just wanted to see if any had issues.

I think Ill have issues with Lagging and dropoutall the time, but guess time will tell

Hey Darren,

I have used a telstra pre-paid wireless dongle from time to time and mostly had no troubles at all. Pings are higher than on my modem by about 50% in my case, but still liveable. Just occasionally (& only very occasionally) I had massive ping hikes. Only once I had a complete drop out (last race of the season, fighting for the championship, leading the race, DOH!).

I hope this helps mate.

EDIT: Based in Melbourne's western suburbs if that helps too.

Ah ok. Wireless here simply means normal broadband with a wireless router.

So I guess you have what's similar to our "mobile broadband". I guess it would probably give quite a high ping.

Until we had cable broadband with a wireless router, I ran my xbox off of a vodafone 3G USB modem, via my laptop's cat5 socket, I still think the connection was better than I have now!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%