rFactor Tyre compound

Why is that. I was thinking to be like real F1. 4 compounds, 2 usable every race, which admins must announce them before each race. We talked a time ago about this, after this race I'm gonna upload the mod in the forum just the people try it, of course if the admins allow me to do thi.

I think we have different definitions of the word "usable". By "usable" I mean different sets of tire compounds that are all of them competitive. In 2011 for example we had 4 compounds, and at the end we used the same compound almost every race... what's the point of having something like this? Having 2 different but competitive compounds was already quite a nightmare, it's not something you can adjust quickly, let alone having twice compounds...

About the mod, feel free to share it, but again I've never seen any mod that made everybody happy (on competitive environments like FSR), it's almost impossible. Some people will like it, others won't, that's life :)

I think we have different definitions of the word "usable". By "usable" I mean different sets of tire compounds that are all of them competitive. In 2011 for example we had 4 compounds, and at the end we used the same compound almost every race... what's the point of having something like this? Having 2 different but competitive compounds was already quite a nightmare, it's not something you can adjust quickly, let alone having twice compounds...
If the tire physics are made good, then people will choice different strategies and compounds for every pit stop and every race. In real F1 the difference between Soft-Medium-Hard isn't too big like time difference, here if wasn't this rule for Tire change during the race, I believe the most people will be with one compound every race, like me in Australia, which was success. Here we can see 2 or maximum 3 kind of strategies. First ones are those with softs at the start, then put hards, and first with hards, then softs in last stints. And yes, like Ben said, it's our own opinion, don't want to change someone's mind, monday will share that mod what i've talked about and will be interesting for me to hear other opinions..

In WS we have seen different strategies, and they don't have the WC rule of having to use both compounds.

But anyway you are missing the point, your initial "IF" is the key of all of this, you talk like if adjusting tire grip / wear rates / grip loss with wear etc was like solving 1+1... certain people had to drove literally hundreds of laps, give feedback, adjust again, etc etc, and in a short period of time. And the results were very positive in fact, as I said it's the first time we have different working tire compounds in the last 4 years, at least.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back