1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor - Targa Florio on it's way

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Ryan Callan, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Back in September, the legendary Targa Florio was released for Grand Prix Legends, leaving users of other simulations jealous about this both massive and legendary track.

This changes now as kuato, Bud Lucas, Deadeyeski, [dd] Baule, TICTOC, 6e66o, Philrob, Motorfx & seventies are working on a rFactor conversion of the track. To bring it up to rFactor standards, the track has been equipped with new textures, shaders, a new AIW supporting large fields and much more. Below are first previews of the rFactor version to get everybody excited.

Located on the Italian Island of Sicily, the 72 kilometer track is one of the most epic motorsport race tracks ever used. As safety concerns became an influence in international motorsports, the Targa Florio sports car race lost its world championship status and is still run as an Italian rallye today.

source: Virtualr

Attached Files:

2. Plus an epic video showing the GPL version:

3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

What a vid. :dance2:

That's the 65 mod they're using for the first half there - my personal favourite GPL flavour. :good:

I'd imagine the Historix & 70's WSGT mods would be fantastic on the rFactor Targa
  4. fatastic news, after this is released dont expect to see me about for days :woop::woop::woop:
  5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Your second lap will probably be a bit quicker, though :good:

6. and my 3rd, 4th, 5th................ :in-love:
  7. I live Near real track, My passion for motorsport is thanks at Targa Florio, I study the History of targa by im Children,
    Today the Targa :mad::mad:

Yesterday :wink:
  8. Is there an estimate on a release date?
    Now that I know that such an awsome circuit of this size & magnatude can be made to work in rFactor I dont feel quite so daunted by my own! Huge thanks to the team involved. Now I'll:sigarette:&:pray:....
  9. Wow, I can't wait to see this finished and drive it myself! Keep up the good work ;)

Ps: I've never been around the Rf forum before, I only frequent the Racer forum. I though that it would be nice to walk around the neighbourhood, since I'm regaining interest in rFactor again eheh ;)
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I hope you don't get mugged outside of ya own hood splashonda :)

Hehe :thumb:
  11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Looks very interesting!
  12. Hehe, no prob Bram :p

I just bought a Logitech Momo wheel, and I'm enjoying rFactor TONS better! :D
  13. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Congrats on the purchase :)

On topic I have a question. Is there anything known yet if this track will be released for rFactor? Or will it become available for rFactor 2?
  14. rFactor is the planned platform.

It MAY come to rF2 but as it is based on the GPL scratch made version that could be a big undertaking. We may not see that for a couple of years as, knowing the guys behind it, they would want to do the track full justice, rather than a straight port.
  15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all fans of historic racing and the Targa Florio.

I know, you probably wished for a download link, but we cant fulfil that wish quite yet..

All you track modding people out there, we need your help to put the finishing touches on this track!
    Contact us!

This was a practice lap on testday,
    race session obviously has all the specators on the side of the road.

HistorX 2.0 Alfa GTA featuring revised physics by Niels Heusinkveld.

My rig:

Also visit the historX & Targa Florio Conversion Team Forum:

Enjoy the video!

16. Greetings!

Whats the latest? I am looking forward to adding this track for 1970 WSC
  17. It would nearly be time for another teaser wouldn't it?:wink:
  18. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Member

19. 3 months?
    3 weeks?
    3 days?