Rfactor streaming/game capture

Hi...can anyone suggest any freeware/free software to capture footage from pc ...I want to stream a practise race. I know some use fraps to record but I just want to stream without paying out (if possible).

cheers

@Andrew Ford
If you only want to capture video like FRAPS does (not sure about streaming), you can try MSI Afterburner, latest version include a video recording panel, its FREE and you don't have to use any of the other feature if you don't need them. :)
Worth a try imo if this is what you're looking for.

No longer in BETA but this video should show you how to use it

Also, when streaming you use a lot of bandwith. If you want to have some decent quality that is. Make sure you have that available, otherwise you will get issues after all. Test that first before making an investment in a capture card ;)

As mentioned you need bandwidth for streaming, upload bandwidth. I'd say you wouldn't want to stream any less than 720p, and for that you need 3-5 mbit upload on your connection, stable as well. If you really want more info about streaming I recommend you watch this podcast show right here:
It's a almost 3 hour long show about streaming and capturing with a lot of good tips and info. It's a guild wars 2 podcast but the tech is the same no matter what game you wanna stream. Good luck and have fun :D

Since I last posted, I had a look at Xsplit, you can find tutorials for it on Youtube and it is downloadable via the Xsplit site. Full version costs 14.99 $ but you can use the trial version for free (obviously it doesn't have all the features that the full version has but it's a start).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%