1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor Skins

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can somebody paint a Brawn GP skin please :fingers-crossed:

2. Bram

Bram

That Virgin logo should be a matter of time right :) ?

3. Skin Request.- 1988 production saloon Dave pinkney sierra

hi guys i want to make the 1988 production saloon dave pinkey car. you can find pictures here :)
    www.pinkd.co.uk
    and it is on TCL sierra rs500, please send in form of template skin rather than completed format.
    thanks!!!

4. Car viewer for Endurance Series cars?

Does anyone know of a car viewer that works with these cars?

5. Templates for Endurance Mod Skinning?

Hello all,

somewhat new to rFactor. I had a few hours of it about a year ago, but just recently got hooked with the new Enduracers mod which is top notch, amazing work.

I'm wondering if there are any .psd templates or anything for these cars that we can work off of for our own skins? I don't mind helping out others with skins either, so if anyone needs help let me know.

This is one that I started on last year, but never finished based on one of the other lemans mods from a few years back. I also wouldn't mind helping out the actual enduracers team with skinning if they do need help for future versions.
    [​IMG]

6. Not totally sure so don't hold me to it but I think I read where the templates would be released with one of the next releases unless I am wrong.:thinking:

7. OT: That's a really nice skin you have done there. With some alpha channels it will look great.

8. Bram

Bram

9. I agree, and wouldn't mind helping fill it up a bit.

Yeah, I hadn't gotten that far last time and then stopped playing because my wheel broke. Thanks for the compliments, it was still very unpolished, but I was starting to get happy with the results.

10. I read somewhere (RSC i think) that the templates will be out in a few weeks

11. Repaints + Replay doesnt look right

Can someone help me please with this problem, im saving as .dds5 textures like all the other textures in the folder, when driving it looks like this;

[​IMG]
    but when I try to look at the replay it looks like this;

[​IMG]

I do have quite a bit of knowledge about repainting but this is the 1st time this has happened to me,

Many thanks,
    Dan.

12. Did you create mip maps? That's the only thing I can think of.

13. well when I do that the whole of the texture turns glossy black

14. You know you can use the Epsilon and Porsche templates that are out for the mods of the same name from Enduracers.

15. Try saving it as DXT1 with no alpha layers. I've seen this in other leagues I paint for.

16. See other post you created. I always save with mipmaps set at 11
    Windows files I use DXT5 with alpha layers
    Car files I use DXT1 without alpha layers

17. thanks replying but I saved as DXT1 (No Alpha) with Maps but still nothing... :(

Dan.

18. using my skins on my dedicated server

Hi all,

I just started learning to make skins for rFactor,and i got 2 made and i can use them on my PC no problem.But when i wanna go online i no longer see my team and the skins to choose them?There must be a file i need to edit in order to make it work properly...
    I have uploaded the files to our server,but can't see em to pick em before i join even.

Snap40