rFactor Setups (Merged)

How do you guys tackle the gear ratio's? Its confusing me :O_o:

Dewald is right, mainly set your highest gear to the highest ratio possible so it will just hit the rev limiter on the end of the straight. (i usually set mine a little higher than that if there is a long straight; extra speed on slip stream) Also, you don't want to be shifting in to a higher gear only moments before braking for the next corner, mid corner or prior to the exit kerb.

In a race with pitstops/standing start i would go for the lowest possible gear ratio for 1st.

OK let's see if they post a GP2 league race for this week, then we can practice at that track, whichever one they choose...
Guys I am very keen to join in practice too.
I too am on a steep learning curve with RFactor setups with a goal of increasing my knowledge and setup skills.
I love the GP2 2011 mod and happen to be Mark Greenalls team mate in F1 2011 League.

OK
For those Licensed RD members who are interested myself and Mark Greenall are setting up a friendly practice and setup session this Wed 8:15 pm GMT+1 (British Summer time).
We are using the 2011 GP2 Mod (link on RD Race Club Pages) and the standard "Neuberg GP" circuit that ships with the RFactor game.
If you are keen, leave a note here or message me.

@Boy van de Laar or anyone really...

Can I get any suggestions for front grip on corner exit?

I'm driving the Peugeot 908 Hybrid for Endurance Series on Le Mans 1991-1996. I've been driving the car about 2 hours a night for the past 2 weeks and think my set-up is fantastic, just looking for a little extra front grip on mid-high speed corner exit. I know from playing around that if I coast for just a 1/8 second through the corners there is no problem, but I'm not a fan of that because of my driving style. I'm a brake heavy and hard, get on the gas and power through the apex (hence the understeer on corner exit, duh!) kinda driver.

Just curious what you think. I've tried a of varieties of things up to now. It honestly feels like a tire problem more than suspension/castor/toe issue. Just not getting the tire to stick into the ground the way I want.
I just need that extra bump someone could give to say "yeah, ^.2 castor may make the difference you're looking for", know what I mean... Either that or call me dumb and tell me to hold off that 1/8 second. ;)

Any opinions helpful, just don't call me dumb and don't bring up traction control (joke @David!...)

@Boy van de Laar or anyone really...

Can I get any suggestions for front grip on corner exit?

I'm driving the Peugeot 908 Hybrid for Endurance Series on Le Mans 1991-1996. I've been driving the car about 2 hours a night for the past 2 weeks and think my set-up is fantastic, just looking for a little extra front grip on mid-high speed corner exit. I know from playing around that if I coast for just a 1/8 second through the corners there is no problem, but I'm not a fan of that because of my driving style. I'm a brake heavy and hard, get on the gas and power through the apex (hence the understeer on corner exit, duh!) kinda driver.

Just curious what you think. I've tried a of varieties of things up to now. It honestly feels like a tire problem more than suspension/castor/toe issue. Just not getting the tire to stick into the ground the way I want.
I just need that extra bump someone could give to say "yeah, ^.2 castor may make the difference you're looking for", know what I mean... Either that or call me dumb and tell me to hold off that 1/8 second. ;)

Any opinions helpful, just don't call me dumb and don't bring up traction control (joke @David!...)

I am wondering why you want to work on the front as the rear is doing most of the work.

If i read this right you want to do very minor adjustments to the car.

You could try a few things:

Decrease both front slow rebounds. (allows springs to decompress easily to maintain front grip) or increase rear slow bumps. (slows springs from compressing)

As its a diesel car and you have a lot of torque i would suggest changing the front rebounds first before trying the rear bumps.

If this doesnt help, try lowering power differential.

EDIT: Why do you think its the tires? You can check telemetry to see what the tire temps are at that particular corner to see if the tire is performing well (having the maximum amount of rubber contact). If not, you can do adjustments with camber/pressures.

It was just when I'm trying to power through the corner that I'm getting understeer. Not horrible, just trying to maximize my set-up to get those extra 10ths.
When it comes to set-up, it's the bump and rebound that I'm still trying to learn optimization so I'm still in the try this and see what happens faze.
Also I'm fairly new to the telemetry and haven't looked deep into any tire set-up more than temps and pressures.
Thanks for your thoughts though, I'll try it out.

lol here it comes....
With TCS enabled the car will tend to plough understeer on the limit rather than throttle oversteer. The rears cant let go and give slight oversteer as they are electronically limited.:whistling:

@ David

I was just making a joke about the TC, I don't use it. Haven't for a few years, even with the turbo diesel LMP1's. Let me tell you though, when I loose that rear end... (it does happen time to time ;) Mostly if I hit too much curb ). I've never had that much of a problem getting the power down, which I find weird. Anyways... =)

I want to know: with F1 mods, when you're getting the rear snapping out when gearing down, let's take Melbourne turn 3 for a good example, what do you do to cancel it out? It's only when I get to second or first gears that it snaps out.

2 things that make it difficult:
1. Brake map is locked at 0. No way to change it.
2. Gear ratios are already pretty short upon one another. Can't shorten them any more otherwise they'd basically be the same gear.

I'm thinking there should be some damper/spring/3rd spring things I could try in the setup, but I'm stupid with those things.

Anyone got any suggestions or things I could try?

well first thing you can try is to be less agressive when down shifting, if you down shift too fast it can make the rear wheels to lock up, on the setup side you can try to increase the front anti-roll bar, increase the rear toe in, soften the suspension and play with the rear camber.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back