rFactor "Run-Time Errors"

Hi guys,

Just wondering about the run time errors that I have been experiencing over the Australian GP Practice sessions..

They seemed to crash my game, when there were 30 cars in the server.

I know that I wasn't the only one effected by this as 2 of my team mates had the same issue. One so severe that he couldn't race.

I am wondering if this has something to do with the mod, as I have never experienced this before,, even last year, when there was over 30 in the server...

Can we have this problem fixed?

Regards Jackson

Hello

I had that runtime error around 4 times also. It was caused by too many drivers being on the server. It always happened to me when I finished my laps and pressed escape to get into pits.
The only fix to it is that people that are not in PQ1 should stay away from the server :)

Edu

Okay thanks guys... Ill try to have a look.. Like I said, last year, I didn't have these issues..

I also didn't have rfdynhud last year, so maybe thats what is causing it.. hopefully I will have this fixed soon.

reduce the level of detail of the cars, it should help.
I hope this helps me. I changed these setting, first I had (in-game/CUSTOMIZE/SETTINGS/DISPLAY):

CIRCUIT DETAIL: FULL VISIBLE VEHICLES: 30
PLAYER DETAIL: FULL MESSAGE CENTER: ON
OPPONENT DETAIL: FULL KPH/MPH: KPH
TEXTURE DETAIL: FULL UNITS: METRIC
TEXTURE FILTER: X4 ANISOTROPIC HEADS UP DISPLAY: OFF
SPECIAL EFFECTS: FULL DEFAULT VIEW: COCKPIT
SHADOWS: MAX MIRRORS: ON
SHADOW BLUR: ON VERTICAL FOV: DEFAULT
COCKPIT DETAIL: HIGH STEERING WHEEL: ON
PIT CREW ANIMATIONS: FULL AUTO DETAIL FPS: OFF

Now I have:

CIRCUIT DETAIL: HIGH VISIBLE VEHICLES:15
PLAYER DETAIL: LOW MESSAGE CENTER: ON
OPPONENT DETAIL: MEDIUM KPH/MPH: KPH
TEXTURE DETAIL: MEDIUM UNITS: METRIC
TEXTURE FILTER: X4 ANISOTROPIC HEADS UP DISPLAY: OFF
SPECIAL EFFECTS: LOW DEFAULT VIEW: COCKPIT
SHADOWS: MEDIUM MIRRORS: ON
SHADOW BLUR: OFF VERTICAL FOV: DEFAULT
COCKPIT DETAIL: HIGH STEERING WHEEL: ON
PIT CREW ANIMATIONS: LOW AUTO DETAIL FPS: OFF

Are these setting good enough to stand 26 other driver's for the whole race? And if you have different settings than mine, then please (if they are better, and you don't recieve RUNTIME ERRORS) can you give them to me, because I don't want to end up in a RUNTIME ERROR again like the Melbourne race. + I got rid of the rFDynHUD which gave me problems and downloaded GID plugin for my screen.

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back