rFactor: Race for Cancer Research UK

Scott Wilde is currently organizing a short 6 race series intended to raise money for Cancer Research UK, including live streams for every race. Whilst this doesn't mean that drivers have to pay to enter it's obviously encouraged for both the drivers and fans!

Scott about his progress so far:
Thanks to the FSR management for giving me permission to do this. Spoke with Johannes yesterday and it has been OKd. This is not an official series as such but does have FSR's permission to use the mod and I have permission to ask FSR teams to field drivers to help with the promotion of the event and charity. Basically the idea of this is to raise money for charity for Cancer Research UK. Website here:

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/home/

There will be no entry fees but if we can promote it and all put in voluntary donations ourselves as well then we could raise some good money for the charity. I have a relative at the moment who has this illness and so when the idea came up from someone else I thought I'd take the initiative. Anyone who would like to be involved in this series this winter, teams or drivers please either contact me or leave a post here.​

The overwhelming majority of drivers knows the commonly used FSR tracks by heart and it's thus been decided that alternate tracks will be used. While those tracks are pretty well known as well it's nice to see something new and refreshing. Due to the nature of the series it will be less of a competition but points will stored nonetheless. However, it's not the main objective to end up on top - raising money for cancer research is.
We will run old F1 tracks not used during this season's FSR as follows. At the moment planning on 6 races. Points will be stored but the most important thing is raising money. Going to ask SimRaceTV to cover the races so anyone who is interested in commentating also please contact me. I haven't contacted SRTV yet but given the nature of this and also FSR's backing I'm sure we can get more exposure via broadcasts.

15th December 2012 - Indian Grand Prix, Buddh International Circuit
22nd December 2012 - US Grand Prix, Probably Indianapolis as decent Austin version not available
5th January 2012 - Austrian Grand Prix, A1 Ring (Now Red Bull Ring)
12th January 2012 - German Grand Prix, Hockenheim
19th January 2012 - San Marino Grand Prix, Imola
2nd February 2012 - Turkish Grand Prix, Istanbul Park

Official Practice: 16:00GMT
Qualifying 1: 16:25GMT
Qualifying 2: 16:40GMT
Warmup: 16:50GMT
Race: 17:00GMT

With regard to keeping track of donations, noone is expected to donate yourself if you are not in a position and as money is already paid out extensively every year via entry fees for FSR I felt voluntary donations was better but if you could PM me with whatever donations you make that would be great as it would enable to keep a track of how well we are doing. No individual donations will be made public, only the total figure and I don't expect you to provide any information other than the amount donated, for obvious reasons. Hope that many of you can support this and let's enjoy ourselves this winter while doing something for a good cause.​

Eager to join? Don't hesitate and sign up right now, right here. For more rFactor & rFactor 2 discussions, mods, setups, online races and more check out our rFactor & rFactor 2 forums.
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years