rF2 [rFactor] PCC @ Philip Island: 18th March 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Roy Stevens

good racing tonight.good race gareth did not think i was going to catch u think your tyres helped me out :)

Great racing tonight!

Hamann M3 was .6 faster in practice but had to leave suddenly because of things coming up.
In qualify I was just .2 faster then Mark.

My start was excellent, almost no wheelspin and good timing this time. I tried to save my tires but Mark and Gareth were coming fast. Had to push a bit more but Mark was on Ace-mode all race. Nice battle where Mark outbreaked me very nicely on T1 on Lap 9?! In the same lap I could outbreak him. The rest was a hard and fair battle almost all the way to the finish.
At 75 % Mark spun before me and although I had 2.3 seconds advantage he closed the gap in a few laps.
Again the battle was on to end it in the last lap where Mark was a bit too wide and gone wide in the grass.

The battle for the win was excellent, hope the other drivers had good battles too!

See you next time... Thanks for racing

Wooohooo, what a blast that was last night :) I had never driven at this track before so did not know what to expect.

Quali: Ramons times were very good in quali, I was 2 tenths faster in sector 1 then somehow he was 4-6 tenths quicker in the middle sector :( I just did not know where he was gaining all this time :) Nice pole lap though Ramon, I just could not get near to it or beat it, maybe next time :eek:

Race:

Hahahahahaha, the start was shite from me :) I was looking at the red pitlane lights instead of the green grid lights for the start of the race so needless to say Gareth got past me and Ramon pulled away up front, and for the 1st couple of laps it seemed as if it was a 3 way battle for the lead, some real close racing from the 3 of us made the opening stages of the race something very very fun indeed.

The rest of the race, as Ramons already written, was absolutly brilliant stuff :) I made a couple of passes on him, then he would get back past, then again position changes until i spun at the end of the lap, allowing him to get a little gap that seemed forever endless to catch up lol. Eventually I caught the gap and was hard on the attack mode again, trying to pass on the final lap, ad pushed myself too hard, i ran wide at T2 destroying any chances of a last lap battle between Ramon and myself :mad:

Well done to all the finishers, and well done to Ramon for driving like a demon last night :eek:. That was one of the most fun battles I have been in so far with anyone, and certainly thye best experience i have had on track with you to date.

Cheers for organising the event and look forward to seeing you guys online again soon :)

Mark

Already mentioned it in another thread but worth telling again :)

Awesome video. It made a friend of my focus on simracing again and hopefully he will join RD also for a race from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back