rFactor not starting up after sync with SimSync

Hi all

I did a fresh install of rFactor yesterday, went into the game and created a profile my real name and everything was working correctly.

I ran SimSync and let it download over night, it completed so I tried to start rFactor and all it does is go to a black screen, no error messages or anything, just nothing happens, I press Ctrl Alt Del and end the rFactor application (it says its not responding).

I re-ran SimSyc and all is updated, I went into the rFactor config for video settings, all are correct, I restarted the computer, but after all this still the same result a black screen on the start up of rFactor...

The FSR 2011 logo does come up briefly before the game actually starts to load but then does nothing...

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi all

I did a fresh install of rFactor yesterday, went into the game and created a profile my real name and everything was working correctly.

I ran SimSync and let it download over night, it completed so I tried to start rFactor and all it does is go to a black screen, no error messages or anything, just nothing happens, I press Ctrl Alt Del and end the rFactor application (it says its not responding).

I re-ran SimSyc and all is updated, I went into the rFactor config for video settings, all are correct, I restarted the computer, but after all this still the same result a black screen on the start up of rFactor...

The FSR 2011 logo does come up briefly before the game actually starts to load but then does nothing...

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave

For me everything works fine now but I found the same problem with my first installation when I named rF root folder as rFactor_FSR, my current installation located in c:\Program Files\rFactor -folder and the mod works correctly. So how you did your 'fresh' installation?

Cheers!
Kimmo

I didn't do a fresh install as such, more a copy of all the files out of my blank rFactor folder (which I've always done) into a new folder G:\rFactor FSR2011

Its exactly the same thing I did for FSR 2010 mod...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%