rFactor Multiplayer Problem

Paul, I may have stumbled upon the problem...for whatever reason under my network settings in game the address that r factor was searching for servers got switched. I changed the address to the ip 127.0.0.1 and boom matchmaker is working perfectly again...i think this happened when i switched mods and tried clearing out my prl file to reset the game...either way my problem is solved...hope this helps you out.

Guys ISI just dropped the bomb shell that they will no longer support rf1 all there server's& match maker are closing down . It is migrating to steam ,You will have to own the game on steam or re buy it if you don't already & there servers are not live yet either .. for now we can join threw live racers or direct IP ...

Guys ISI just dropped the bomb shell that they will no longer support rf1 all there server's& match maker are closing down . It is migrating to steam ,You will have to own the game on steam or re buy it if you don't already & there servers are not live yet either .. for now we can join threw live racers or direct IP ...
Could you give us a link to an official announcement of some kind please? This is pretty big news.Thanks. :thumbsup:

Could you give us a link to an official announcement of some kind please? This is pretty big news.Thanks. :thumbsup:
Looks like they are doing this un announced , well so far anyway ..hers a quote one of our admins posted after some conversation with ISI , its does not revel much ,it's just us talking about what we are going to do next ,but I have asked him to give me any more info as it comes ..

snip> I'm still in dialogue with ISI about the migration issue/cost and lack of public notification about what they have done without telling anybody (not that I expect any solution or offer from them). So what we understand at the moment is that the original dedi servers we or anybody else put up at the moment will not be visible in STEAM. If you have bought the STEAM rF version you still won't see these servers. To see them would mean everybody, HOST & CLIENT to buy it from STEAM and set them up with the STEAM rF dedi server.
The option is to use the IP address to connect to the existing servers, but of course there are some concerns about publicising IP addresses. The Liveracers IP address visibility allows that connection functionality without possibly compromising security. Discussion is ongoing about the safest and best way forward.
It'll be interesting to see what other rF Leagues do, so anybody who races on one of these should give us feedback on that.

Found this on their site:
upload_2017-12-18_14-18-34.png

We are talking with ISI support & here is a snip from ISI support email we received >

Quote to me from ISI support "We suffered an attack on our infrastructure that forced us into the decision to move purchasing to steam and shut down most of the servers we had open to the public"

I've confirmed with Tim Wheatley at ISI Support that they have not made a public announcement of this situation yet, why they haven't I don't know. I was told three days ago that they didn't have a timescale for fixing the lack of Matchmaker services and also no confirmation that they actually would. Their initial response included a recommendation for users to migrate to STEAM, but that process only seemed to cover free licence keys for users who had activated rF via the original download/online process and did not necessarily include users who had purchased on CD/DVD. This would of course be unsatisfactory for a lot of rF users. It would've also potentially have meant moving SRO onto rF STEAM.

However there may be light on the horizon as an email to me from ISI yesterday suggests they might have a solution to put in place, maybe before Xmas :) I've asked for further details about how it will cover (or not) existing rF users irrespective of how/where they purchased rF.

We are talking with ISI support & here is a snip from ISI support email we received >

Quote to me from ISI support "We suffered an attack on our infrastructure that forced us into the decision to move purchasing to steam and shut down most of the servers we had open to the public"

I've confirmed with Tim Wheatley at ISI Support that they have not made a public announcement of this situation yet, why they haven't I don't know. I was told three days ago that they didn't have a timescale for fixing the lack of Matchmaker services and also no confirmation that they actually would. Their initial response included a recommendation for users to migrate to STEAM, but that process only seemed to cover free licence keys for users who had activated rF via the original download/online process and did not necessarily include users who had purchased on CD/DVD. This would of course be unsatisfactory for a lot of rF users. It would've also potentially have meant moving SRO onto rF STEAM.

However there may be light on the horizon as an email to me from ISI yesterday suggests they might have a solution to put in place, maybe before Xmas :) I've asked for further details about how it will cover (or not) existing rF users irrespective of how/where they purchased rF.
Thank you for all your help Rob. Fingers crossed for a solution in the near future. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%