rFactor map plugin

I can only speak about the map plug-in and XD because I have yet to use the TV Style part of this.

Map plug-in pros
Handy when learning a new track
It gives a better sense of how close other cars are to you than than the standard rFactor linear map
Can set the amount of other cars the map will show positions of
You can position the map where you want it and can increase or decrease the actual size of the map

Cons
None

XD pros
You can see all the car info on one screen without needing to keep swapping views in the MFD
Same for the driver times and positions
Projected laps for your current fuel
Air and track temperature easy to see at a glance

Cons
Fuel gauge can be slightly off

Thank you. I would like to ask you a few more Q's please. I am a real PC noob, so please remember....... it CANNOT be too simple. I really prefer it:redface: What path after unpacking with winrar please? Directly into RF main, or Plugin file?
I tried to install before, along with rFactor dyn Hud, so there is some clutter, that I don't know what to do with exactly. I am using the "regular" rfactor HUD Here is a link showing the Plugin file opened. Should I delete some of these? Does that get rid of it properly? Sorry for the noob Q's. I rather sound ignorant, swallow my pride and do it correctly.

I don't know what XD is. I use the hood/ bonnet view, if it matters.
http://www.mediafire.com/?v8h1owvcejpd63n I have Windows 7 64 bit. I really appreciate yours and anyone else's time to help.:notworthy:

I extracted the files to my desktop and then it is a matter of just dragging and dropping them into your rFactor folder. Some of the files you already have in the rFactor directory will ask for confirmation on over writing.

You might want to rename the existing files by adding something like originala at the the end name eg. d3d9.dll you rename it to d3d9.dll.original. This way you can always revert back to a pre map plug in at a later date.

XD is just a small set of additions to your HUD. It will show you car stats like engine and oil temps, tyre wear along with tyre and brake temps. Also an engine health %. All on the same graphic.

You will also get a driver standings list and a session info window showing the current air and track temps along with your fuel etc.

You can easily configure each window to display or not display and turn on and off during driving with the press of a single key no matter what driving view you are in

The rFactorMapPlugin 106 and XD 214 v1_06 by fazerbox works just fine unless you want all the extra info on your screen that the RF Dyn Hud gives.

I personally would not try and use the Rf Dyn Hud and the trackmap and Xd plugin at the same time.

Ok great. So..... drop it directly into main rFactor, not plugin folder.
yea, I am not interested in the extra Rf Dyn Hud either.

I dont have the RF Dyn hud display, but I have bits and pieces of files, in the plugin folder I think.At one point I think I installed and then half as* deleted it And yes, I do have a green menu box with all that tire temp stuff, and driver positions.
Should I just delete anything/everything I see that pertains to rf Dyn HUD so it is "clean"?
Like I say, I am a pc noob.
That is all I will bug you with.:notworthy: Thank you very much.

After you extract you should have the following
Plugins (folder)
d3d9.dll
d3d9_XD.dll
MapPlugin (confg settings)
MapPlugin_Installation (text doc)
MapPlugin_Installazione text doc)

Drop all those straight into the rFactor folder, including the Plugins folder. It will add the 2 items that are in this folder into your pre-existing Plugins folder.

Personally I would remove anything that pertains to the RF Dyn HUD to avoid any conflicts.

I got it installed. It did not look like it was going to at the end when I dropped the Plugin folder. It gave me a red progress bar and then the pop up window to copy and replace and red bar again. Then it said at bottom ..."due this for next 90 conflicts" I checked that box and BAM, it loaded. I checked it out briefly and I really like it for unfamiliar tracks. I have over 150 tracks. I like the XD drivers menu and the car telementry, but some fine tuning to move things around are in the plans.

It is amazing to me, how people can program these features. Being a PC noob, I don't take it for granted. I am easily impressed I guess.....lol:p

I read the instructions and was able to see that a couple of the commands I tried, do work. I am very pleased with it all. I may take you up on some further help if needed. Thanks again.

I have said it before, but worth repeating......the folks on RD forums rock! :cool:

Hey Mitch,
Do I drop the map files the same exact way in Race 07 for this awesome plugin? My Race 07 path is.......OS>>>Program Files>>>Race07.

Do I just drop all the map files into Race07 folder, like I did with rFactor?

I just put the map files directly into the rFactor folder........same way exactly with Race 07 correct?
I know I am being redundant. I'm good like that. :rolleyes: Just want to be sure.
Thanks mate. ;)

Race 07 has a proper built in map so you don't need to try and install the map plugin (not sure it would work anyway).

A separate version of XD can be found at http://www.vitumo.de/ for GTL/GTR2/RACE07/GTR-Evo. Extract and drop it into your Race 07 directory. eg. \Steam\steamapps\YOUR STEAM PROFILE NAME\race 07
Hi Mitch, I am a bit confused. You said...
"Awesome to hear that you have got it working .It's a great add on. I like it so much that I have it over on GTR2, GT Legends, Race 07 as well as rFactor" :)

I played last night and I don't have any track map in Race 07. I have all kinds of telementry which I could toggle, but no map.
By your statement it sounded like I could use the rFactor map plugin, in Race 07, like I thought you said you did. ????:confused: Very confused........as usual.

Race 07 has it's own built in default map accessible by pressing the 1 key to turn it on to static mode, rotating mode and then off. That is assuming you haven't used the 1 key for another command.

My statement was referring to the XD part of the plugin and that is why I posted the link to the separate XD plugin. The map plugin was designed for rFactor and most likely would not work with Race 07.

Ok, got ya now. I had no idea about the map. I will have to check out all commands. I can't ever see what the best AI time(s) are in practice, unless I pause and back out, to option..."See other drivers times" I'm sure there is a command key instead, or I could install the XD.
I will have to check out the keyboard menu.

Pretty new to pc sims. Thanks for your patience.

I went to keyboard default controller and could not find anything regarding map. #1 is toggle mirror , looked under keyboard custom. tried every key on keyboard...no map.(no wheel plugged in. I dont have it registered through Steam, maybe thats it. Can do without....oh well.:O_o:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 332 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%