Released [rFactor] Hobsbury

Very nice!
That downhill run through the flat out left & then down into a right-hander (0:16to0:32) reminds me of the run down to Creg-ny-baa at the IOM... :)
The rest puts me in mind of an English version of Old Spa...
Awesome track, very much looking forward to trying it out!

Here's another preview:

I've added fake shadows to the tree walls. That was quite hard. BTB's walls weren't up to the task unfortunately. It was too hard to get entire faces to remain above the terrain when the walls vertices don't match. I imported the terrain into Blender and duplicated the polys, applied a shadow material and moved it up a few CM. The UV mapping was quite a challenge. :confused:

I recently decided to get rid of the blending where the grass meets the track. It looked poor under headlights, and I think it looks more realistic to keep it green.

I've also been sorting out the LOD values (drawing distances) for most of the objects to keep the triangle count down.

My most recent addition was some dirt runoff decals where I think drivers are most likely to go off. I can add more. I made them in Blender and converted them in 3DSimed.

Last edited:
The track is nearly ready. There were a couple of corners I wasn't happy with, so I drove another lap and used GrooveEd to update the line for those corners only. Here's another preview, which also shows a subtly blurred race groove texture:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%