rfactor free

Buying the full game from the demo is £25. I liked it but I'm going to wait for rF2
Really? I thought it's £35 from the website? I liked it too but seriously for a 5 years old game and with the upcoming rF2 I think they should be reduce the price, I mean like really reduce it. It's too expensive for me. No marketing gimmick there in my honest opinion.

They are probably keeping the price high because plenty of people are still buying the game. Why reduce the price if you're still making healthy sales? You can thank the modding community for that, as they've added massive value to this ageing title.

Unfortunately, the price is too high for me. I got a trial copy of rFactor with my G27 this week (thought it was free, cheapskates!). It seems ok and I'm sure some of the mods are very good, but with three other sims to play at the moment (Race 07, GTR 2 & GT Legends) I wouldn't get my monies worth from rF. Add to that a fourth sim when rF2 is released, and a possible fifth with GTR 3.

Make it a tenner and I'll buy it, but £30 is far too high.

Not in the UK it isn't. On EBay it's just under £30, but I don't buy from there anyway because of poor experiences in the past. On Amazon it's about £20 which is still a bit high for such an old game, particularly if there's a delivery charge.

Probably best for me to stick with what I already have anyway. Do I really need another sim based on the same engine? Probably not.

Not in the UK it isn't. On EBay it's just under £30, but I don't buy from there anyway because of poor experiences in the past. On Amazon it's about £20 which is still a bit high for such an old game, particularly if there's a delivery charge.

Probably best for me to stick with what I already have anyway. Do I really need another sim based on the same engine? Probably not.

Ross the trial version doesn't do the sim any justice what so ever! . It's all the other other mods is what makes RFactor great. Even though engine is the same, the driving physics is better than Race 07, car sounds are phenomenal compared to Race as well. Some mods you are missing out on:

V8 Factor Unleashed
DRM Revival
Bathurst Legends 1972
GT3 mod
World Touring Masters
Various F1 mods (F1 92 and 94) are the best in my opinion.
WRC Rally
S 2000 mod
Pikes Peak Experience
Hot Hatches
Groupe B Rally
Porsche 911 GT1 (better than GTR Evo's)
Groupe C racing ( Porsche 962/Mazda 787B)
Bus Racing (roflmao!)
GP2 2011
Various BMW M3 mods ( E36 my fave!)
Lotus Elise / Exige GT3 mod
Ferrari F40 mod....................
And the list goes on and on!. And i can pass on a lot of mods to you for i have A Lot backed up to save you the hassles of searching for them yourself.:)

Oh and to mention the abundance of fabulous tracks that Race 07 no where near has to offer. And i have many many tracks for you too!

Let me know if you reconsider.

It was the mods that made me look at rFactor in the first place. Some of them genuinely interest me, but I'm already dividing my time between four different sims as it is. Also, only a select number of mods get used online. I don't really need another sim for primarily offline use as I already have two.

As for the physics, no comment. That is something I have seen debated time and time again regarding rF and the Race series, but at the end of the day it's personal preference.

They are probably keeping the price high because plenty of people are still buying the game. Why reduce the price if you're still making healthy sales? You can thank the modding community for that, as they've added massive value to this ageing title.

Unfortunately, the price is too high for me. I got a trial copy of rFactor with my G27 this week (thought it was free, cheapskates!). It seems ok and I'm sure some of the mods are very good, but with three other sims to play at the moment (Race 07, GTR 2 & GT Legends) I wouldn't get my monies worth from rF. Add to that a fourth sim when rF2 is released, and a possible fifth with GTR 3.

Make it a tenner and I'll buy it, but £30 is far too high.

Is this really the case though? I doubt so. Would be interesting to see the actual sales stats. No way they are getting that much sale with such a high price for an old title. What I'm afraid though is that when I do chunk out my money on the full price, then they decide to have discounts, just like with other titles. I'd think they would have some Christmas/Year End sale but nada. Anyway, if anybody is still interested to get it, FeelThere.com has been selling rFactor unlock code for $30 on their website. Still, price too high for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back