rFactor Formula E Championship - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New addition to the series!

FanBoost

Each race, three drivers will receive a FanBoost bonus of 2 speed. This only applies to the races they are awarded them, as it is removed before future upgrades.
Voting is done by all drivers racing in the series. You may vote for any driver except you, your team mate or a driver in another team affiliated with yours (such as Japanese Apex or Team 2KF1 in GPTCC) if they appear. A voting form will be posted during the results of the previous race. In the event of a tie, random.org will be used to determine the winner(s). When a drivers wins FanBoost, they cannot be awarded it for the next two races.​

actually, it's a cool feautre, especially for a title fight, it can also be used to get someone who doesn't have a single point a single point.

BUT, tbh, I'd rather the FanBoost to be completely random.

just one new addition I would recommend to FanBoost:
If we don't get completely random votes, I'd say that you can't vote for the same person twice in a single season. This stops people voting for the same drivers all the time.

but I am still for completely random FanBoost. In Formula E, the FANS vote for their favourite drivers, not the drivers for their rivals. In this case, random.org would be the fans.

FanBoost is pretty rubbish in real life, but it is part of Formula E, so it will stay for this season at least as an experiment.

@Milos, I still need more information about Red Bull
@Vimal Ana, I need a lot more information about Toro Rosso if you're going to drive for them.

But we have, what, barely more than a dozen for the most part?
So then the fact that it is a popularity contest is instantly wiped by the fact that we have to rotate round on round, to which near half the field will probably get it in a few rounds.
But I'm walking away from this before it gets stupid again.

But we have, what, barely more than a dozen for the most part?
So then the fact that it is a popularity contest is instantly wiped by the fact that we have to rotate round on round, to which near half the field will probably get it in a few rounds.
But I'm walking away from this before it gets stupid again.
I'm putting out the idea early. The series still has time to pick up more users. Lets just wait and see what happens.

I am against FanBoost to tell the truth. Because voting will be pretty much "voting for your friend". This could make some people fell maybe uncomfortable, or be a reason about arguments between us. Also, the people that have it for the first round could get a serious advantage for the rest of the field, because of the money they will collect, having benefitted by the extra speed of FanBoost. I can imagine it could be interesting on track, but personally I wouldn't like to see it.

If fanboost I'd rather have it decided by random.org. Us voting will probably end up in always similar results.

If someone is interested in a proper painter pack (shape + texture with wireframe) for the car drop me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%