rF2 [rFactor]F1 Support Event Bahrain: 4th april 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Darron Miller

lol i was well slow then crashed into juppee nice though

till next time

yeah short race for me too, was hit went back to track and had a accident with darron.
Bought the game yesterday so i`m not really yet that stable and fast in race and its definetly a challenge to handle the F1 Cars.
Maybe next time...hope the others had a good race.

Well, like I expected: a struggle. But luckily not just for me :).
First real laps on this track so I had to try to control the beast and learn the track. But at least managed some decent time by the end of qualifying!
During the race a lot of mistakes but I managed to keep it in one piece at last. And I actually managed to finish! :bike:
Had some trouble with the car in the last few laps, when braking it wanted to go to the right so I think it was something with my brakes. So had to struggle even more in the last 2 laps!

Still, took me some time to get used to the F1 (again) but once I did I had a good time! Thanks all! And congrats to Hamann for a great win! :thumb:

Really awesome race, practice and qualifying were pretty good. Although I gave the setup to many ppl (hope it helped) I couldn't get the tire temps to line up and the car was just generally very understeery. However It was easy to drive when not overdriven or pushing too hard.

On the start I was obviously oblivious to the fact that there was launch control and it showed, I dropped to 10 or last I think. Made up all the places in 3 laps thanks to some spins and led from then on. Pitted lap 16 and after lapping Jamie I suffered what I can only say was brake damage my tires were fine so that was the only thing I could think. So for a lap and a half my car pulled to the left hard and made it almost impossible to carry one normal racing so I had to be extra caution while maximizing whatever pace I could since gregory was catching me.

All that drama ended however and I was still first, thanks to all the cautious backmarkers and just an overall enjoyable race. Pitty Ben didnt join us, also same greg jamie alex had problems, we should do a FD with this mod it would be tremendous fun.

Thanks again to the organizers and for changing to MMG.

• Alex Guehennec

Very pleasure for me tonight too !
Good qualifying, put 15 laps fuel , then did 13 laps for be second to 1 second of Cristian (!!!!) lol
Yes your setup helped me, cause mine was no perform
Very good start, I tryed the launch control button during practice and it worked good
But brake VERY earlier corner1 I don't know why lol, then Greg passed me and we have unlucky battle at first laps. Car a little damaged but it was ok for drive peacely
Then a LOT of mistakes (my fault), and Cristain Jamie and Greg passed me quickly, then they did mistakes too, and pass them again . Only Cristian was in an other planet and after 18 min I said myself to stay peace on track, cause impossible to beat him.
After that lap 21 begin my brakes problems , then my right rear brake destroyed lap22 and try 2times to repair it on pit stop (I was thinking first it was my tire who were deflate/dead) without success , also race finished for me here

Had a very good moment with Jamie when we were playing Cats/mouses with hotlaps
Very good caution from everybody and fair play

Also VERY cool for me , and thanks admins to change Meganes with F1 (not really same lol)
Good event grats to the 5th who finished the race, and grats to Cristian for the win

,)
Alex

It was very tricky to get just the right lap, and I'm sure if we had a little more time the set ups would be better and the times lower. Accelerating after the first turn even at 50% throttle was quite hard and in race mode with more fuel even more so. However difficult though the night/day was a great success and great fun, I was actually pleasantly surprised at the level we raced today. There's a few bad spells recently in the RC but its nice to see the roots are still strong.

Funny Alex I think we both had the same problem since you probably had a variation of my setup. I wonder did u change the brake duct setting from 2 to higher, because I didnt and I think thats what caused my brake failure.

Formula1[NO-B];81471 said:
then my right rear brake destroyed lap22 and try 2times to repair it on pit stop (I was thinking first it was my tire who were deflate/dead) without success , also race finished for me here

Is there a way to know what exactly was broken? Some way to see it in the LCD screens or after the race?
Like I said I *think* I also had brake problems in the last few laps and I was running a slightly modified default setup.
Bit weird as someone mentioned after the race (forgot who) that there was a copy or illegal version protection before in rFactor that messed up the brakes or something? Now I know that I have a legal version and I am pretty sure the other people here have legal versions as well. SO might be something to keep an eye on.

• Alex Guehennec

Sorry maybe I understand not all good

Funny Alex I think we both had the same problem since you probably had a variation of my setup. I wonder did u change the brake duct setting from 2 to higher, because I didnt and I think thats what caused my brake failure.

Maybe same problem yes, cause I changed nothing about brakes in your setup. I 'll see things about that next time I 'll use MMG mod, cause maybe just open the "air ecope" (don t know the english word) , for do (freshen?) the brakes cold with the air ,,,, can solve the problem
But suddently impossible for me to brake since lap21 ,it did directly 360°

Is there a way to know what exactly was broken? Some way to see it in the LCD screens or after the race?
Like I said I *think* I also had brake problems in the last few laps and I was running a slightly modified default setup.
Bit weird as someone mentioned after the race (forgot who) that there was a copy or illegal version protection before in rFactor that messed up the brakes or something? Now I know that I have a legal version and I am pretty sure the other people here have legal versions as well. SO might be something to keep an eye on.

On my LCD screen lap 1 and 2(or 3) battle with Greg make my car damaged front right suspension , and rear yellow too, also I was thinking it was about that I had problems after.

What you mean about illegal or copy rFactor Theo ?
Personnally I have paid for rFactor patched directly 1.255 , and installed the mod you gave the link yesterday,
what is the difference you speak about copy or legal game on game's physics ?

Formula1[NO-B];81624 said:
What you mean about illegal or copy rFactor Theo ?
Personnally I have paid for rFactor patched directly 1.255 , and installed the mod you gave the link yesterday,
what is the difference you speak about copy or legal game on game's physics ?

Yesterday after the race somebody mentioned that there was a copy protection in rFactor that produced braking problems in illegal versions. As some sort of copy protection. First I ever heard of that as well, maybe somebody else knows more about this?
I am just saying that I don't believe any of us are using an illegal version (I had the same problems and paid for my rFactor too!) so there must be another problem. Just something to watch if this problem comes up more often, it might be a bug or something. But then again it might also just be us braking all too wild! LOL! :D

I remember something similar in Silent Hunter IV where they also had some sort of in-game copy protection screwing up graphics that also inflicted people that legally bought the game.

• Alex Guehennec

Yesterday after the race somebody mentioned that there was a copy protection in rFactor that produced braking problems in illegal versions. As some sort of copy protection. First I ever heard of that as well, maybe somebody else knows more about this?
I am just saying that I don't believe any of us are using an illegal version (I had the same problems and paid for my rFactor too!) so there must be another problem. Just something to watch if this problem comes up more often, it might be a bug or something. But then again it might also just be us braking all too wild! LOL! :D

I remember something similar in Silent Hunter IV where they also had some sort of in-game copy protection screwing up graphics that also inflicted people that legally bought the game.

Ah ok, also maybe the bug appear just in "legal" games, or also we all have a cracked game !!!
34euros for have a a brake bug is a little expensive

No I just think that in setup window, we had to open "air enter" full for let brakes cold during race

Before the 1255 patch (which largely stopped cracks), part of the copy protection was for you to have a random mechanical failure (missing top gear, single brake failure, etc) after 60% of an online race distance - quite clever, I thought! I'm not sure if it's still there in 1255 now that those using a crack can't join a server (if you see someone join and then leave straight away, that's why).

I wasn't implying that you guys were using cracks, but those brake failures - probably inflicted by a race-long brake cooling issue that none of you noticed on the HUD thingy prior to them expiring - were rather similar to the copy protection induced ones.

Incidentally, driving a car with one dead brake is great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%