rFactor drivers read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
Currently our GTR Evolution events are running very smooth. Good numbers show up and the racing is fun.

We would like to see the same for rFactor. For some reason the signups stay low in rFactor.

In case you like some good rFactor racing please signup here: http://forum.racedepartment.com/club-rfactor/7599-pcc-@-valencia-street-sunday-5-october-2008-a.html

Also we would like to know why you will not attend to our rF-nights. (Game, Mods, Tracks, Settings) Feedback is really appreciated to help us deciding how to make rFactor as successful as Evo

I've really enjoyed the rfactor races I've attended, but being from the usa it basically limits my participation to weekends. The weekend choices seem really good recently, but it also coincides with a busier schedule and a need for more recharge time.

I've run both MMG F1 and V8Factor and would also like to try the HistoriX and PCC mods. I tried the Megane mod offline, but didn't really connect with it. More V8 races sound like fun and would also like to try NAGT when it becomes generally available. The V8 time-scaled night race was pretty cool. Prefer RWD also...

One of the things I like about Club rFactor is that it seems like events (at least F1) are scheduled far enough in advance that I can get them on my schedule and also fit in some practice. This helps quite a bit as I'm still pretty new to sim racing and most every car and track are new to me. Advance scheduling helps...

I'm also finding that I like concentrating on a couple of cars/series and working to master them rather than trying lots of different things. More than one prevents boredom, but keeping it more focused allows time to dig into the details.

Well, it seems that a few more RD'ers have picked up rFactor, so maybe there'll be some more drivers now. Just make sure the mods are well advertised in advance, so we can get some practice. Truck mod anyone :becky:

I don't have rFactor ... have been curious and considering it for a while, but tbh I don't really have enough time to drive all the games I already have - GTL has been sat in its cover for 3 or 4 months now, despite me loving the classics ... totally into Evo right now ... will probably change, but still so much fun, and so much to learn, and takes up way too much of my time already that another sim would see my family beating round the head with my monitor :wink:

I am an rFactor fan but have been caught up with work lately. My feedback would be from a personal perspective:

PCC is always a good choice with me, F1 MMG is not particularly a favourite of mine, I am not too keen on the Megane's either, V8's were fun, not too sure about HistoricX [I seem to have problems with the sound, but will have to work on that]. I would love to try some more GP79 races.

:D

I also still consider rFactor a superior game over Evo, if you have the right mods. The HistorX mod is brilliant but the problem is that you need to have GTL to run it, because not everyone has GTL that limits the amount of people that can join.
Also I think because there are so many good mods available it is also hard to please everybody, each has their own personal favorite and it tough to please everybody.
The PCC mod is a very good choice I think, it's great and not too hard to pick up. The MMG F1 mod is absolutely brilliant but very hard and it can get a bit frustrating. I crashed in the 1st lap on the last couple of events and lost the fun factor because of that. Besides that I don't know the tracks F1 is racing on now and this mod is just too hard to control on a track I don't know.

How about this one, not too hard and possibility for close racing:
http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VW Beetle Race

Real fun to drive as well!

Or this mod:
http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=BMW M1 ProCar 1979-1980
Though this one is pretty tough!

Thank you all for your thoughts and help to keep rF running at RD. The biggest issue i read here is that the handling is very hard with the mods we use now. The idea a couple of months ago was to stay with mods for a periode to let ppl get used to the cars. Now i think we have to focus on more races with more mods that handle a bit easier then MMG or PCC.
More mods mean more racing and more time to make that work . Now the main thing is we need more staff for the rFactor section to be in the races and who will help setting things up. My personal live wont allow me to spend more then 2 evenings in the week for races. But setting this up and answering the forum takes more time then just those two nights. So if we want more races and more mods and hopefully more drivers we need more help . One thing about the poll held on the endurance races, we had a test race yesterday to see how driver swapping works and indeed more the 40 ppl voted yes !! but 11 drivers where present. I mean voting and actually being there seems another thing.

the "problem" with rF indeed is the great number of mods, which makes a great variety of drivers, therefore few in each class, i.e. i myself only use the drift mod in rF... so i understand it isn't easy.

but if there was a champ like the wtcc, or the gt, but different, like a DTM champ, for example, then it could perhaps be succesful :thumb:

Us lot at AnE Race are just getting copy's rfactor, so you should be looking at 5+ more racing with you soon and also we have been talking about it and would be nice to try out F1, NASCAR, World Karting and Craftsman Truck.

Not trying to teach anyone how to suck eggs here but having had rfactor for a long time now and having tried most of the mods this is by far one of the most superior. The PCC although having great models has some of the worst physics in rfactor and believe me I have been on track with these and can see the difference. F1 mods are ok but imo they dont have very close racing, when was the last time you had a nose to tail battle with a few F1 cars over a good few laps?
As I said guys just my personal opinion :hug:

Go check this mod out guys its superb :peace:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=NAGT

• Wido Rossen

That Volvo S60 R is super.
Cant wait for the painters to show there skills on that car.
Did some laps with it on Zandvoort.

Looks like this.

Touched the curbs a bit to hard......lol

Screen001.jpg

Screen002.jpg

Screen003.jpg

Screen004.jpg

Screen005.jpg

Is fun to drive that car.

I got to say this Rfactor is a great game don´t get me wrong there but there´s so many mods out bad and good . IT`S way to much you gonna need 48 hours instead of 24 to try them out .... as i´m wondering if i´m gonna see a headshrink cause i think i´m starting too build up way to much addiction for the game..... :) :)

But in all i love the game!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back