rFactor crashes when leaving track

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the rFactor forum or here, it's not a BTB track, but this forum is more active than the rFactor forum and the problem is track-related as it doesn't happen on other tracks.
The title is self-explanatory - the track loads fine, there are no problems, and I've just started doing the AIW (main and pit paths done). However, when I exit the track and go back to the menu, rFactor AIW editor crashes. I can't work out why, but I know it's not AIW related because the main parts are done. This will be a problem when I do pit/garage/grid positions because chub_pearson's guide says that I must save the waypoints and go back to the menu, then re-enter the track and save the waypoints again. If rFactor cannot go back to the menu, this may not work, and I don't want to do a bunch of positions then find out that they haven't saved.
Anyone who has downloaded previous betas of London Royal Mile will have seen this problem already.
Here is the latest beta of the track:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0XQUTBCG
Does anyone know the cause of this problem?

Could you check this new scn for any more bad instances please? In Windows Explorer I shortened the name column width to about 32 characters but as the characters are different widths, it's not entirely accurate. I've shortened most of them (I copy/pasted the enitre scn into Office Word and used the find/replace tool to find "Instance=XXXX" and then shortened them) but it still crashes.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T57UXGX5
Even better, is there a way (like a batch file or something) where I can scan the entire scn for any lines beginning with Instance= that are 41 characters long or more (32 + 9)? I can then use the find/replace tool in Office Word to correct them.

Ehm, to help verify things I tried the track on my copy of rF, but ran into two problems:
- the cars fall thru the road as soon as I hit the track,
- as noted, track crashes when I leave. Tried Ehrlec's fix too, but must say that in my case it didn't help.
The track itself *did* load/run with both .scn files, that's the good part I guess ;)

Ehm, to help verify things I tried the track on my copy of rF, but ran into two problems:
- the cars fall thru the road as soon as I hit the track,
- as noted, track crashes when I leave. Tried Ehrlec's fix too, but must say that in my case it didn't help.
The track itself *did* load/run with both .scn files, that's the good part I guess ;)
Old version of the track, that was when roads were not collidable.

Eeeeh.... What can I say, sorry guys - but it *did* load. :tongue:

I was going to say "Maybe it's because I'm running it on Mac OS X", but that still wouldn't account for missing objects, then it usually just ctd's at load time for me too. Didn't in this case, did load, but did ctd on exit.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 212 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%