rFactor blue screen of death

here is my pc spec
intel 2 quad core .2.6 ghz
4gb of memory ram
nvidia gtx 550ti gpu
750 w psu
graphics card is brand new all drives have been unistalled reinstalled and updated, it a full clean install of windows 7 64 bit,

whilst in game i,m getting lost of blue screens of death crashes then computor restarts, here is the error code i,m getting when it crashes but it means nothing to me, hoping some maybe able to help me shed some light on this from what i can make out its pointing toward the kernal mode causing it to crash but i,m not sure,

Stop 0x0000001E or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The Stop 0x1E message indicates that the Windows XP kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. The problems that cause Stop 0x1E messages share similarities with those that generate Stop 0xA errors in that they can be due to invalid memory and access violations. This default Windows XP error handler typically intercepts these problems if error-handling routines are not present in the code itself.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0x1E messages typically occur after installing faulty drivers or system services, or they can indicate hardware problems, such as memory and IRQ conflicts. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll it back to correct the problem. If disabling or removing applications and drivers resolves the issue, contact the hardware manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

• If the Stop message mentions the file Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party "remote control" program. If such software is installed, you might be able to disable it by starting the system in safe mode. If not, use Recovery Console to manually delete the system service file that is causing the problem.

• Problems can result from system firmware incompatibilities. Many Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) issues can be resolved by updating to the latest firmware.

• Other possible causes include insufficient disk space while installing applications or performing certain functions that require more memory. You can free up space by deleting unneeded files. Use Disk Cleanup to increase available disk space. From Recovery Console, remove temporary files (those with .tmp file extensions), Internet cache files, application backup files, and .tmp files generated by Chkdsk.exe or Autochk.exe. You can also choose to install additional applications to another hard disk with more free space or move data files, paging files, and so on.

• The problem might be due to a memory leak caused by an application or service that is not releasing memory correctly. Poolmon (Poolmon.exe) helps you to isolate the components that are causing kernel memory leaks. For more information about troubleshooting memory leaks, see Microsoft Knowledgebase articles Q177415, "How to Use Poolmon to Troubleshoot Kernel Mode Memory Leaks," and Q298102, "Finding Pool Tags Used by Third Party Files Without Using the Debugger."

Have you tried to update the drivers for your mainboard? Often, these kind of things are related to bad chipset drivers (i.e. standard windows drivers).
Update them with the correct chipset drivers, and try again.

I think I could have a similiar problem now:

While driving in GPROC with the FSOne2008 mod, I got 2 bluescreens, both times soon after I started the game. I had to install Direct X before, because it was not yet on the PC.

I ran my game with high graphic settings(X8 Anthro) on DX9 with level 6 Anti-Aliasing. My graphic card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560.

What could cause the problem? If it happens on this install, it might happen any other one
icon_e_sad.gif

Direct X? Nvidia Card? Something else?

I'd post the error message if I'd remember where it was.

Could rolling back drivers be it? I have no clue about this stuff, I am more oof a racer than a PC Pro, even if I know some stuff.

Nah, it's not that one, there's no E and text.

Also, the next lines have: (0x00....19, 0x000....0, 0xFFFFF88002F65180, 0x0000...02)

Oh umm, my specs? I guess:

CASE ZALMAN Z9

BAREBONE
BONO i7

CPU
CORE i7 2600, 3.4 GHZ, 6MB

HARDDISK
1TB SATA 3 HDD, 7200rpm, 64MB

MEMORY
DDR3 10666 - 8GB (2 x 4GB)

GRAPHICCARD
GTX560, NVIDIA, 1GB DDR5

I've got Win 7 64 bit.

I might have found it, not sure.

My rF installs were mirrored from the 32 bit laptop I have. I did one re-install, BUT with the downloaded and also mirrored rar files that were on my desktop.

It might be possible that the rule is: Don't play with mirrored installs, neither use mirrored rar files. Download all rar files again for a new PC.

I'll check with a league install for GPVWC tomorrow, maybe it's true.

As for the BSOD message: I saved a textfile, but it's German:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: BlueScreen
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 2055

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000019
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F65180
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Dateien, die bei der Beschreibung des Problems hilfreich sind:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030412-13104-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jundt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-21450-0.sysdata.xml

GRAPHICCARD
GTX560, NVIDIA, 1GB DDR5

Just updating. My PC had been gone back to the shop, and they localised the problem with the graphic card. Apparently, it just seemed incompatible with some games(Once BSOD'd in iR, several times in rF, once without game).

The fault seemed to be in the core of the card. Even if I had downloaded driver updates, it would have been useless as the updates only get put "around" the core system, it wouldn't have changed anything. Even more, after researching the web, this isn't the first time this card is moody with games and it has been reported before...

The card was replaced with a GTX570(A bit more expensive), tested and deemed safe. Well, I still have to test it myself more, but they let it run even when the shop was closed and nothing happened.

I hope I'll be alright now.

Just updating. My PC had been gone back to the shop, and they localised the problem with the graphic card. Apparently, it just seemed incompatible with some games(Once BSOD'd in iR, several times in rF, once without game).

The fault seemed to be in the core of the card. Even if I had downloaded driver updates, it would have been useless as the updates only get put "around" the core system, it wouldn't have changed anything. Even more, after researching the web, this isn't the first time this card is moody with games and it has been reported before...

The card was replaced with a GTX570(A bit more expensive), tested and deemed safe. Well, I still have to test it myself more, but they let it run even when the shop was closed and nothing happened.

I hope I'll be alright now.

Nice to hear :) When will you be joining us on the F1 1994 mod racing club again??? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%