rFactor Basic internet connection problem

Can someone please help.. me and my cousin are trying to connect and race over the internet using rFactor, we both have computers running vista and have opened the firewall ports for TCP and UDP for rFactor exceptions.

in 'Connect/Join' we can both see the 'Server list', 'Friends list' and 'Lobby chat' areas that seem to work fine, so I then Create a race and give it a name without password, and my cousin then tries to Join but he does not see our race listed in the rFactor 'Server list'..

But nothing in rFactor's Connect/Setting seems to work, when I try 'Hosting test' I get 'could not determine the status of your connection'.. when I try 'RC register' I get 'could not connect to registration server'..

What are we doing wrong or not doing?

Thank You

Nigel.. I do thank you for your info Hamachi, it looks a very useful program (when I get to understand it), I have downloaded and installed LogMeIn Hamachi2, I have moved it to the top of my network list and changed 9000 to 10, but what to do now to get rFactor running, I do not know..

i don`t really now much about Hamachi m8, i wasen`t the person who set it up. i just had to install it on my pc search for his name and join his network then in rFactor use the IP option enter his IP and bingo i could join his game. i`ll ask him if he rembers how he set it up, but i`m prety sure someone else showed him how.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%