rFactor: 75 % off

image.jpg

On sale!!! The original rFactor is 75% off!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/339790/

6,24$ or 5,74€ + Endurance Series:
http://enduracers.com/downloads.html

Last edited:
How does rF quality of graphics and mods compare, if one has rF2? I'm assuming physics & interface are the same? And does it have MP?
Graphics are lower quality, many more mods (though not that many great mods), tires are different (the "old" model), no realroad, no weather, interface different, yes multiplayer (though no autodownload and you won't recognize any of the mod names being used online). Benefits: deformable car bodies, better dust particles, headlights shine from all cars, higher framerates, and you can run multiplayer without being connected to the Internet (e.g. LAN parties are possible).

Too bad, RD runs only HistorX mod (which is great!), because I am sure, couple rFactor 1 races a month, maybe one of them multiclass endurance, would be definitely well populated, I dare to say crowded with (nostalgic) racers :)

Graphics are lower quality, many more mods (though not that many great mods), tires are different (the "old" model), no realroad, no weather, interface different, yes multiplayer (though no autodownload and you won't recognize any of the mod names being used online). Benefits: deformable car bodies, better dust particles, headlights shine from all cars, higher framerates, and you can run multiplayer without being connected to the Internet (e.g. LAN parties are possible).

There is weather with a plugin, and it works really well.

Too bad, RD runs only HistorX mod (which is great!), because I am sure, couple rFactor 1 races a month, maybe one of them multiclass endurance, would be definitely well populated, I dare to say crowded with (nostalgic) racers :)

Yes I've signed up to Race2Play just for that reason.

The last few enduro races they did they had almost 40-50 cars sign up.

They don't always get that number starting but I'm not really interested in HistorX (sorry) racing a field of GT's and LMP's is great fun :)

I've got the HistorX mod and it's really amaizing what they did. They transforment rF1 to another game.
It's a bit of work to get through the manual and get everything installed and setup like they intentend. But the cars are so much fun.

Yesterday i made a second install with the EndoRacers SP3. Again a few hours of trail and error. But the car pack is enormous.
The errors: It needs EnduroRacers SP2 to be installed first and needs the realfeel.dll plugin (copy/pasted it from historX) the realfeel.ini settings and other instructions are on the EndoRacers website.

So i've got 2 games now... :)

Preformance is rediculous on a modern system... 200fps on triple screens graphics maxed with 30 cars. :roflmao: But the default maximum AA are still jaggy. So with a bit of googling i found an AA override in nvidia inspector that works nicely for my system and prerenderd frames at 1. Also ambient occlusion gives a "dirty " effect wich is nice with HistorX. And still 100-80 fps :).

Just a little note:
rF1 was first released in 2005. HistorX and EnduroRacers last editions were released last year (9 years)
rF2 was released in 2012. So the best has yet to come... :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back