rFactor 2 update (build 85) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Finally a new build is here. Only torrents so far.

We've posted Build 85, Renault Megane v1.1, Formula Renault 3.5 v1.2, GT World Endurance v1.1 and ISI Formula Masters v1.0 in the forum. Currently to torrent only. Auto update should be tomorrow.
RELEASE NOTES
From readme.txt of Build 85.

UPDATE 4 Changelog (MAY 18, 2012):
======================================

GRAPHICS:
---------------------------
Improved lighting math
Improved HDR rearviews
Fixed mirrors too dark when using HDR
Improved post-processing in multi-view mode
Fixed side-channel clearing in multi-view mode.
Fixed HDR in multi-view mode
Viewport fix for multi-view
Improved dynamic road
Changing shadow detail level now causes a shader re-compile
Changed base turbidity to 1.8 to brighten sky a bit.
Reduced minimum vertical FOV from 20 to 10 degrees.
improved graphical steering pivot for non-player vehicles
Now applying heat haze to graphics, note new PLR option "Heat FX Fade Speed" which can be used to completely disable.
Fixed broken HDR lum histogram
attempt to fix body parts disappearing in multiplayer

GAMEPLAY:
----------------------------
Added support for gear ratio sets.
Added ability to have gear-specific ratios.
Added DRS rules.
Added some GDB-configurable atmospheric conditions.
Changed flap buttons to act as toggle by default, but with a controller.ini option "Hold Flap Button" if the user prefers to hold it down.

SOUNDS:
Scrub sound improvements via the SFX file: can now have tire-specific samples, can be played individually rather than combined into one output, and more control over the frequency modulation.
Defaulting ScrubIndividually to true

AI:
fixed safety car incorrectly pitting for a tire change (and leaving the rest of the field in limbo)
fixes for AI pit lane behavior when no dedicated pitlane exists.
some minor tweaks to AI stalking behavior.
AI more likely to stay on throttle when along side a car they are trying to pass.
fixed a bug where cars would move towards rather than away from a car next to it going into a corner
fixed bug where sometime AI, at start of formation to standing start, immediately tries to park.
better handling of grip lose around fast corners
AIs will turn on and off rear flaps as required.
Tried to ease up on the throttle cuts caused by tires bouncing off the ground for a tick while otherwise being in control

PLUGINS:
Screen interface added to Internals Plugins in order to facilitate 3rd party overlays; currently untested and subject to change.
Now reporting to internals plugin whether blue flag being shown for each vehicle.

UI:
fixed the calculation of the "X display not available" X coordinates for MFD when under AI control.
added some gizmos and actions to facilitate multiplayer auto mod download and install from a dedicated server
added download mod status bar & cancel button
allowing problem mods to show up in lists (so that the problems can be displayed on the info screen)
added info buttons and code for rfm scrollbox to show new state of uninstalled mods with virtual components that are missing.
LED and HUD support for DRS status
changed scaling scrollbox gizmos (rfm, veh, track, hud, showroom & ui) so that they can accept textures other than 1024x1024 uncompressed textures.
Removed PLR file option "Wheels Visible In Cockpit" which was made obsolete by the VEH variable "FrontWheelsInCockpit" a long time ago.

BUG FIXES:
Fixed some unresponsive keys when using soft vsync.
Fixed problem with keyboard repeats in time acceleration.
Fixed warmup time increasing by 1 each time a server is set up.
Fixed problem where re-attaching a wheel in the pits would result in phantom collision.
Improved thread safety by using local file finder classes.
Fixed a error message that was incorrectly saying missing RCD files.
Fixed bug where requesting a pitstop while on the grid would sometimes cause a stop/go penalty.
Fixed 'Temporary Boost' button.
Fixed bug where requesting a pitstop while on the grid would sometimes cause a stop/go penalty.

FUNCTIONAL ADDITIONS:
Added mod downloading to sim
Added settings for HTTP Server and rfmod sharing.
Added PLR variable "Car Vibration Mult2" in order to allow separation of orientational vs. positional effects, and added PLR variables "Seat Pitch", "Seat Yaw", and "Seat Roll" to allow an offset from which direction the cockpit camera points.

MOD MODE/PACKAGING
fixed not being able to switch UIs in mod mode.
removed "no ai" restriction from public dev build
added a scale value in HUD editor for flags & stat bar positions
got digital gages working in the HUD. Can now expand in any of four directions.
HUD editor stability fixes
HUD editor fixes. instead of numbers, will write out the function and font names for led, text, and digital gages
Source

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Source

Personally currently downloading everything, and will give it a go! :)

Will be interesting to see. They have added DRS rules and control options for that as well!

I have completed a clean install using the links in Brams post. It is just the same for me, still no side mirrors in the 60's cars. I have no other mods installed. Just have to wait I suppose.
No change in frame rates for me

Jim, please try the following:

Open your explorer
Go to your data folder of rfactor2
Enter the INSTALLED/RFM folder
Look for any file that looks like an RD mod. Most will start with the letters RD. Delete those files.
Now go up 2 folders (back to the data folder that is), and enter the MANIFEST folder.
Do the same, and delete the files which are RD related.

I guess there have been some files left behind with the uninstalling process. When they are deleted, all should be ok again.

Thanks, Marco. No RD files in the INSTALLED\RFM folder. No RD files in the MANIFEST folder either. I had left all the mods in the PACKAGES folder, however. When I removed them, the choices were removed from the "menu." Strange. I figured uninstalling the mods would remove them.

BTW I'm NOT having the same problem of very low frame rates with All Cars & Tracks, at least with the Classic F1 cars. I'll try the Meganes. I don't have Fuji, however, and that may be where the problem lies.

Edit: I just tried the Meganes at VLM Ohio using All Cars & Tracks and am getting full frame rates. I found Fuji and am having no frame rate issues with it either.

BTW I also found the thread where you've already explained all the issues I've cited. Thanks. Next time just tell me to not be so lazy and look around first. :)

Guys, you have installed the file "Nissans at fuji speedway" ? i have de isimod the track but this file saidin proprerties that nissa370z and nissanGTR is not instaled...

I have the file: Fuji2012_v10.rfcmp in my packages folder. I can use Fuji by chosing All Cars & Tracks, then whichever car I want. With this I can't use Fuji online. Go here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fuji.48068/
and look at the links in Marco's response #7.

I don't have Nissans at Fuji. Hope this helps.

The issue with the mod Huge is that the cars for the mod is version 1.0. With the update to the build, you also updated the cars to version 1.1. And now, the mod does not work anymore, as it seems that it is not downwards compatible. When you have updated to 1.1, the 1.0 version seems to be gone. Strange choice, but thats the reason.

I have a fresh clean(ish) install of Win7 and i grabbed the 85build-full torrent the night of release, i've been sitting on it since then sort of reluctant to install wondering what other can of worms i will open and virtual "jumping through flaming hoops" will be required, the entire mod file system is very very off putting for me in rF2, or will this simply be a case of install build85-full?.

I have a fresh clean(ish) install of Win7 and i grabbed the 85build-full torrent the night of release, i've been sitting on it since then sort of reluctant to install wondering what other can of worms i will open and virtual "jumping through flaming hoops" will be required, the entire mod file system is very very off putting for me in rF2, or will this simply be a case of install build85-full?.

1....save packages folder, then delete entire b69
2...install b85
3...install all ISI mods{F35, 60's, Megane, GTWE v1}
4...install v1.1 F35
6...install v1.2 F35
6...install all new b85 1.1 versions
7...NOW install F1SI
8...install mod tracks

I'm still 100% on rf2, everything I've tried has worked, but I make sure I've fully understood the instructions.
And yes, I'd go for a clean install, so just save your packages folder and whatever else, although with the car and possible road physics updates, your set ups may not work as well.

I dont have my old build69 on this pc now, i done a recent format and fresh install of everything, so i thought it would be a good idea to do the build85 full version of the install assuming it would do a......."Full Install" of everything, ...anyway i just ran the installer and logged in to my account and....surprise surprise it doesnt work, and theres no way i am going to go through those steps you have typed out there for me, thanks for your help though mate, but im not that desperate to try this update, maybe the next one will be my lucky update :).

Gary,

If you have done a format of your PC, you need te reactivate the install of rfactor first. Did you do that?

As stated in the instructions from ISI, the game consists of just the game, and no content. All content is to be installed via the mod manager, and has to be downloaded seperate.

I do hope ISI will release a new base version of their content once all is final. I believe I have around 2 Gb of original ISI content now including all the updates. Would be nice if f.i. the Formula Renault, which consists of base 1.0, and 2 updates, is replaced by 1 new base mod, including those 2 updates. Otherwise you would have to install the game, install the content, update the content (some several times), which does not make it more easy ;)

True.. Is the most simple option. But that DOES mean you will miss out on the fun :)

I think it is already worth the "hassle", but I am sure it will get better and better. So it should only be going up from now :) Once installed, we are pretty familiar with all the issues that can occur, and have sollutions for most of them. So I say it is the most easy way, but the least rewarding one....

I've found a few graphical problems. I think the headlights are already mentioned, but I've found the wipers do not work.

When inside when driving the car (only tried with the Meganes) that if its raining, you can't see it. So, you can't make out any changes in the weather. The sky is also a bit messed up in terms of weather/clouds/rain etc...

Have to say though, the changeable weather when on track is great - dry line appearing, slippy curbs, slippery when wet in general.

Phhhffffttt. I am back from Japan. :( In one day I have seen more rain here than 2.5 weeks there. :) Also the temp here is 10 degrees lower here than.... uh well.... It's gonna be a great dutch summer...

Anywayz, I updated to build 85, but now I cannot see any other cars on track even though I have 15 AI cars running.
I updated the video drivers and my windows is up to date.
I have tried it in FXAA, HDR and just without those two, but no other cars in sight.
Also a total clean install didn't help at all...
Does anyone know how to solve this? Did I miss something to read/install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 271 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%